Highflyer_GP
Honorary Master
Right-click the server, go to server properties and make sure that the port is 119. Seems like Grabit is trying to access port 14654 instead of 119
South Africa’s biggest forum. Discuss, discover, and connect with thousands of members.
getting a solid 350 - 400 Kb/s![]()
![]()
ok back down to the usual 20Kb/s![]()
I've got some files queued on IS for now but if it drags today I'll switch over and sacrifice some of my international cap.just started a download session on international paid news server, i love it 450kb/s *drools* im selling tickets to watch it download,lol
I've got some files queued on IS for now but if it drags today I'll switch over and sacrifice some of my international cap.![]()
just started a download session on international paid news server, i love it 450kb/s *drools* im selling tickets to watch it download,lol
I doubt they're going to heavily shape all the common ports. Companies like easynews have their own web interfaces where you can download a zipped set of rar segments via http using a download manager. Their nntp server also has a load of servers set up on non standard ports.heh, dude, i would seriously cut back on the boasting. I bet there will be some serious port shaping occuring if this gets widespread use.
I doubt they're going to heavily shape all the common ports. Companies like easynews have their own web interfaces where you can download a zipped set of rar segments via http using a download manager. Their nntp server also has a load of servers set up on non standard ports.
I doubt they're going to heavily shape all the common ports. Companies like easynews have their own web interfaces where you can download a zipped set of rar segments via http using a download manager. Their nntp server also has a load of servers set up on non standard ports.
Isnt it your bandwidth to do with as you please?True, but they will shape all the nntp ports used by common news servers like 119, 23 etc. Also, if everyone uses this method to download then things will get just as pear shaped as it was recently before the traffic shaping with the IS int link being saturated.
Then the question is what is the point of having 4mbit if you cannot use it? I have 4mbit everyone but im limited to 100kb/s download speed?