IS News Server down?

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol highflyer , so true

but maybe if they make it a paying service , they can put more time and money into the servers and ,make it worthwhile - just a idea :)
 
Anyway - tell whomever you like. By their inactivity alone you know the onus IS places on the servers so when things continue to deteriorate even further dont put all the blame on them.

It doesnt matter how things should be, we're in SA where we have to manage with the way things are.

So should we adopt the same attitude with Telkom and ICASA? Accept the way things are? Or should IS be treated differently? Why do you think myadsl exists?
 
So should we adopt the same attitude with Telkom and ICASA? Accept the way things are? Or should IS be treated differently? Why do you think myadsl exists?
Tell me where I said things shouldn't change or that we should be happy with the way things are?

Fact is right here and right now we have to either make do with what we have or do without.

But anyway - how many complaints have you laid at ICASAs doorstep? I know I've sent in plenty.
 
ya ya ya sometimes ppl just rub me the wrong way :)

doesnt it seem pointless to complain about something that will never change?

just wait for march okes im telling you things are going to change you alot soon

things are not that bad anymore though

openweb is helping alot and 512 meg line is only 380 odd rand

way way better than it used to be :)

hopefully march will bring broadband over powerlines :)
 
broadband over powerlines from who? telkom? goal?

what speeds, caps etc does it involve?
 
ya ya ya sometimes ppl just rub me the wrong way :)

doesnt it seem pointless to complain about something that will never change?

just wait for march okes im telling you things are going to change you alot soon

things are not that bad anymore though

openweb is helping alot and 512 meg line is only 380 odd rand

way way better than it used to be :)

hopefully march will bring broadband over powerlines :)

Ye i must say im gettin quite pissed off with everyones negative attitudes on this forum.. I understand were they come from, but guys ur complaining on the forum aint gonna do jack ****.. And i believe in the next year ALOT of stuff is going to change in this country, good thinks are coming... Stay positive oaks.:cool:
 
Ye i must say im gettin quite pissed off with everyones negative attitudes on this forum..

Don't forget that it's those people negative attitudes that got some good things to happen.
The type that said get upset and start kicking up a fuss for some changes.

It's people with a "everything's going to be alright" attitude who don't help at all.
They all sit in a circle, holding hands singing Kumbaya while Telkom and whoever else rape them.
 
Don't forget that it's those people negative attitudes that got some good things to happen.
The type that said get upset and start kicking up a fuss for some changes.

It's people with a "everything's going to be alright" attitude who don't help at all.
They all sit in a circle, holding hands singing Kumbaya while Telkom and whoever else rape them.

Ye i understand that....... But what is the point of complaining about it on this forum... As i said its not helping, go protest or something :P
 
Don't forget that it's those people negative attitudes that got some good things to happen.
The type that said get upset and start kicking up a fuss for some changes.

I know that does get things done, but u must do it in the right place and i somehow dont think the forums is the correct place...
 
So where do we send our complaints? ICASA doesn't care, Ivy doesn't care, Telkom doesn't care .. does the DoC care? the president's office?
 
Hey, maybe i've missed something on this thread or im doing something wrong here.

I can't seem to connect to 196.35.123.198 OR 196.26.208.126
news.is.co.za resolves to an IP i've never seen before: 196.26.208.123 which seems to work.
Does anyone know of any other new IPs/Changes?

Thanks
k4
 
So where do we send our complaints? ICASA doesn't care, Ivy doesn't care, Telkom doesn't care .. does the DoC care? the president's office?

Im not shure who cares.. But if you care u will do something that will get things done..
 
At the moment I can only coonect to newz.isnet.net. So no more 2 connections?

Everyone else having the same problem?

Cheerz
Voodoo
 
The news server is an absolute disgrace. They say they've upgraded it, I'm convinced they meant downgraded.

I've averaged 13-18KB for the last 36 hours
 
Last edited:
Hi all, I'm downloading from news servers at 400k/s for about 3 minutes than slows down to like almost nothing, than after feew minutes is uploading at 60k/s and downloading at 20k/s.
Im on openweb account with 1Mb line (4mb).

In my personal opinion IS news server sucs big time.

I use news.is.co.za, news.isdsl.net with dont download single bite and news.mweb.co.za , news.datapro.co.za with giving me thouse funy downloads and uploads.

I got 1Mb line and open web account specialy to download from news servers but by the looks of it this dont work at all.

So openweb and IS do something with your servers upgrade them get new once do something.



PS.

Sorry for my spelling and gramma.
 
I dont see how people can complain about not getting there money's worth from the 30gigs local. I have a 384k line and ive done about 39gigs this month and thats without useing my line 24/7 to download.
 
So you lucky, I sit at the moment on 20G and cant download nothing.
Cant brows coz I,m capped lol and cant download.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X