IS News Server down?

Status
Not open for further replies.
yea but i told one of my online buddies

i would rather download 30-40 gigs a month at 12-20kbs than download 10 gig a month on saix at 50kbs and 499

139 is just fine :)
 
Anyone having problems to reconnect to the News server after the ADSL session reestablished? I have to wait a while after connecting before I can actually download.
 
Anyone having problems to reconnect to the News server after the ADSL session reestablished? I have to wait a while after connecting before I can actually download.

Yes; I find with Grabit that I sometimes have to shut-down (save batch etc.) and then restart when establishing a new session.
 
yea but i told one of my online buddies

i would rather download 30-40 gigs a month at 12-20kbs than download 10 gig a month on saix at 50kbs and 499

139 is just fine :)
I keep a telkom account (r249 I think) so I can download at 400kb/s not 50 ;)

I've also go an IS one for stuff that I'm not in a hurry to get.
 
Just pulled down supernatural*stoked* been waiting for it, at 430kb/s nice 14mins download ;) Who said the server aint working!?!
 
bwana how much do you do on your telkom account

in novemember i pull down 57 gigs? IS server

does your telkom account come close to this figure?

im pretty sure it doesnt

so again would rather have a large amount downloaded at the end of month instead of a tiny amount at 400kbs
 
killadoob, don't think you should be comparing your 57gb in 1month to the 4mbit guys, most of us do that in a day and a half at the end of the month...
 
bwana how much do you do on your telkom account

in novemember i pull down 57 gigs? IS server

does your telkom account come close to this figure?

im pretty sure it doesnt

so again would rather have a large amount downloaded at the end of month instead of a tiny amount at 400kbs
Guess you missed the line about me also having an IS account? I'll repeat it for you ok
I've also go an IS one for stuff that I'm not in a hurry to get.
See - I even left in the spelling mistake :)

Now just for fun add up what a telkom and an IS account could in theory ;) do full speed at 400kbs over 3 or 4 days before they're capped internationally and then compare it with the 57gb. And then after the international IS part is capped I still have my local server access to look forward to :D
 
Just pulled down supernatural*stoked* been waiting for it, at 430kb/s nice 14mins download ;) Who said the server aint working!?!

And here is a good example of why we are all stuck on 20kb/s. :sick:

Damn 4mb ho's! :mad:
 
Yes unfortunately the question everyone ponders... Size,...err i mean Speed does count ;)
 
Problem is, Newshost shows you that come stuff is cached (if you have upload status) and yet it isn't!!

Some "cached" items are clocking +- 365Kb/s and then other "cached" items are 20Kb/s...makes no sense
 
I rarely find anything thats 20 days or older to be complete. Half of the rars will be missing, too many for the par files to correct.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X