Is renaming geographical areas important?

Is renaming geographical areas important?

• Yes

Votes: 38 7.9%
  • No

Votes: 416 86.7%
  • Other

Votes: 26 5.4%

• Total voters

Solarion

Honorary Master
In 50 years from now there will be hardly any sign of colonization or Apartheid left. All statues will be gone, cities and roads renamed, old infrastructure dismantled.

Any talk of blaming colonization or Apartheid and a whole generation of people will look around and scratch their heads not having a clue what government are talking about.

BBSA

Honorary Master
It is important, good way to know which areas has become shitholes

Last edited:

Dairyfarmer

Executive Member
I see. I was looking at High Fat and Full Cream wondered wtf if any the difference is except the fat content.
Raw milk has a minimum fat content of 3.75% (called butter fat).

Before the milk is pasteurised the separate the fat from the milk. They then pasteurise both milk and fat. They then put the fat back and homogenise so that the milk and fat don't separate. Full cream is about 3.5%-4%. Semi skimmed (or 2% milk) is 2%. Skimmer or fat free milk is basically water.

So if you want semi skimmed milk just dilute full cream milk 50/50 with water and save yourself 50% (less the cost of the water). If you want skimmed milk go milk an almond.

ProfA

Honorary Master
Naming or renaming is fine. WHEN you have extra funds to piss away.

Athos

No it is not important, but I wish they would just get it done already.

pinball wizard

Honorary Master
My homeland in eastern Europe re-named everything (towns and streets) after the German and then Russian occupation.

So it's a bit of a tricky one, but yes, if the economy is collapsing, maybe put off the extra expense for now.
Look, I get it if it's a particularly hateful name like Stalingrad or Verwoedburgstad, but fairly innocuous ones like PE (which everyone was calling by Nelson Mandela's name anyway) can wait a while, right?

SAguy

Executive Member
If the name is really hurtful then yes, otherwise it is just a wast of money and spitefulness.
Which is pretty much every place named after a person, it's hurtful to someone.
Shaka Zulu, Mandela, OR Tambo, Cecil John Rhodes, Baden-Powell, Paul Kruger... all people who have blood on their hands - and we want to name places after people like this (or did in the past).

SAguy

Executive Member
Let's rename cities to basic food items, bread city, maize town - then at least people can imagine being fed by the money that would have helped them otherwise.