ISP migration woes

Ephronx

Two weeks ago I decided that my existing ISP was just not working out and signed up with Afrihost. Unfortunately the new process for migrations kicked in in June 2015 and I anticipated some downtime, but had no idea what was to follow.

It is day 10 today and I still have no ADSL. I have spent about 12 hours (90% of which was waiting listening to elevator music) on the phone between the various parties to no avail. Pillar to post does not describe the experience.

Now because it is a wholesale line the telkom retail (10210) and one visit to a brick and mortar store just send you on a wild goose chase or decline to help. Afrihost can do nothing because the line has not moved into the Wholesale Holding pool yet and this is apparently because the previous ISP have not properly release the line yet. And even worse this can apparently take up to 30 days. Huh? I know and you know it is just the press of a button on a webpage (but even Telkoms portal was down last weekend). I can see the order on the Telkom portal and it is just sitting there. I have been told that this is not the process, but noone can tell me what the correct process is.

So no matter how helpful or helpless everyone has been in the process thus far, I still am internet less apart from my very precious and expensive 3G data, which I managed to almost use up in the first 3 days of the month.

What next, I really don't know where to turn.

Drifter

Honorary Master
Two weeks ago I decided that my existing ISP was just not working out and signed up with Afrihost. Unfortunately the new process for migrations kicked in in June 2015 and I anticipated some downtime, but had no idea what was to follow.

It is day 10 today and I still have no ADSL. I have spent about 12 hours (90% of which was waiting listening to elevator music) on the phone between the various parties to no avail. Pillar to post does not describe the experience.

Now because it is a wholesale line the telkom retail (10210) and one visit to a brick and mortar store just send you on a wild goose chase or decline to help. Afrihost can do nothing because the line has not moved into the Wholesale Holding pool yet and this is apparently because the previous ISP have not properly release the line yet. And even worse this can apparently take up to 30 days. Huh? I know and you know it is just the press of a button on a webpage (but even Telkoms portal was down last weekend). I can see the order on the Telkom portal and it is just sitting there. I have been told that this is not the process, but noone can tell me what the correct process is.

So no matter how helpful or helpless everyone has been in the process thus far, I still am internet less apart from my very precious and expensive 3G data, which I managed to almost use up in the first 3 days of the month.

Badabing, there is your 1st problem right there!!! ^^^

ghostR

Executive Member

Not a good move by moving to Afrihost.

However, Call 10210, select existing customer, select option 4 for move or relocate your service and speak to a consultant there, That will be your best bet.