iStore Card

travcaine

Hi,

Regarding the iStore card. I applied for one with an above threshold salary, pefect credit score and not judgments but I get declined saying my credit record was the cause, this for something that would cost R121 p/m.

Then someone working with me with a MUCH higher salary tried but also got declined, also stating credit record as the cause.

Can someone please shed some light on this??

Hosehead

Executive Member
Can someone please shed some light on this??
Indeed. Core group no matter what one thinks of them must be losing a significant potential revenue stream due to Standard Pulls incompetence.

freematrix

Well can't explain why but I think its through Standard Bank. the whole setup is a bit of a joke as well between them and the bank and the communication between the 2.

But anyway, the fees are ridiculous after the first year just btw.

Hush9300

Expert Member
Credit records are not all about scores. It's pretty easy to get and maintain a high credit score. What lenders look at is your total exposure and your minimum monthly exposure. I've seen people with a very healthy score being over exposed or close to the limit. These people will not get credit until their exposure is more in line.

NiTeD

Expert Member
Just use your credit card or apply Virgin Money, it's less hassles plus you can use at other places as well.

$m@Rt@$$

Expert Member
Didn't know that thought it was a store card oh well Standard Pull can go take a flying leap cause I don't want one
Yeah, it's just a re-branded credit card with preferential rates when you purchase at the iStore itself.

Dovi

Expert Member
I also had huge problems getting approved for my iStore Card even though I more than met minimum criteria and had a perfect credit score with all agencies. Eventually someone at Standard Bank agreed to look into it and it got approved a few days later and they apologised and said it was a system glitch. Shrug.