iTunes gift cards without the middle man

morkhans

A MyBroadband
Super Moderator
Meh... order cancelled.

It happens. What value voucher did you try to buy? Try the next one under and see if that goes through. Also worth double checking you address settings etc.

d0b33

Honorary Master
Bought a $50 from bestbuy, received 3 hours later, works a treat!

R13...

Honorary Master
It happens. What value voucher did you try to buy? Try the next one under and see if that goes through. Also worth double checking you address settings etc.
$25 says,
The order you placed on 2/17/2012 has been canceled because we were unable to verify your information.

morkhans

A MyBroadband
Super Moderator
Does your address match up to your credit card address? Most sites will say unable to verify if they don't match.

If you read the bestbuy help pages they list an address for international users to use otherwise the authorisation will fail. I've also seen it succeed and then fail on a later transaction with the same reason. I suspect they flag too large or too many International transactions from the same account. It can be hit and miss but it does work. If your settings are correct and it fails waiting a day or so and then taking a smaller voucher seems to work.

PS. they operate in US time zone. So orders will only get processed in the afternoon onwards.

mercurial

MyBB Legend
If you read the bestbuy help pages they list an address for international users to use otherwise the authorisation will fail. I've also seen it succeed and then fail on a later transaction with the same reason. I suspect they flag too large or too many International transactions from the same account. It can be hit and miss but it does work. If your settings are correct and it fails waiting a day or so and then taking a smaller voucher seems to work.

PS. they operate in US time zone. So orders will only get processed in the afternoon onwards.

Oh yes, I forgot about that. I use that same address that they give. I've never had any issues, though.

diabolus

Executive Member
Easypay.co.za

Virtual credit card works well with itunes purchases?

Are you asking or saying? The virtual credit card on there is most likely still a SA card. I use EntroPay (which is much easier than the service on easypay) and even they generate a south african virtual credit card. They -can- generate US/UK credit cards , only if you can prove to them you are a resident (ID etc).

So chances are you will still be screwed with the easypay virtual card thing.

As for getting a "real" USA address, you can always try http://www.myus.com/ . They are a forwarding service, and thus give you a real USA postal address + phone number (so if something is sent to it, it might actually reach you ;) ). They can also buy things in the USA on your behalf from companies that don't sell internationally, so there's plenty of things to do ;)

Last edited: