Jhb water outage

Mine is still available, but I had done what I could with my limited resources, a 25 litre bucket and two 5 litre bottles for drinking and cooking, some 10l for other stuff and hopefully what's already in the geyser stays in the geyser.

It's an inconvenience but on the other hand I am glad that Rand Water is still doing the amount of maintenance they are doing.

Mine is still available, but I had done what I could with my limited resources, a 25 litre bucket and two 5 litre bottles for drinking and cooking, some 10l for other stuff and hopefully what's already in the geyser stays in the geyser.

It's an inconvenience but on the other hand I am glad that Rand Water is still doing the amount of maintenance they are doing.
dont forget to turn the geyser off .good luck its never nice .

Fortunately I’m not in the country during all this. Only back at month end.

Little to no water by me.

*edit*

It's enough to fill a toilet tank after a bit so that makes life a lot easier.

Last edited:
Yeap Left home around 05:30 this morning there water was out - Amorosa West Rand
Have the tub filled to the brim and about 16 X 5Litres and 2 X 10Litres = For bathroom use
I have about 20 Litres drinking water stored 4X5 Litres Thirsti bottles

Yeap Left home around 05:30 this morning there water was out - Amorosa West Rand
Have the tub filled to the brim and about 16 X 5Litres and 2 X 10Litres = For bathroom use
I have about 20 Litres drinking water stored 4X5 Litres Thirsti bottles
Hopefully you filled that bath on Monday? Cause with everyone filling their baths it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Back