Level-7 Speed Issues?

OnlyOneKenobi

Anyone else having drops in connection speed with Level-7 lately? Last week I noticed the problem, did a few tests and realised I was only achieving around 2mbps on my 4mpbs connection. I reported the issue and it was sorted out pretty quickly, but now I seem to be having the same issue again this weekend. I have logged another support ticket today. I just hope this won't be the new norm going forward... hopefully the issue will be fixed and stay fixed this time.

Level7

Level-7 Representative
Company Rep
Anyone else having drops in connection speed with Level-7 lately? Last week I noticed the problem, did a few tests and realised I was only achieving around 2mbps on my 4mpbs connection. I reported the issue and it was sorted out pretty quickly, but now I seem to be having the same issue again this weekend. I have logged another support ticket today. I just hope this won't be the new norm going forward... hopefully the issue will be fixed and stay fixed this time.
Hello!

Can you please provide your ticket numbers so we can follow up on this?

OnlyOneKenobi

Hello!

Can you please provide your ticket numbers so we can follow up on this?

Hi, I seem to be having speed issues yet again tonight. Previous tickets : 8137, 8039.

I am getting about 2mbps on my 4mbps connection. Used different tests, different servers.

Level7

Level-7 Representative
Company Rep
Hi, I seem to be having speed issues yet again tonight. Previous tickets : 8137, 8039.

I am getting about 2mbps on my 4mbps connection. Used different tests, different servers.
Hello OnlyOneKenobi,

Our support team respoded and found that your link was running at your maximum line speed of 4mbps. Please stop all downloads, updates etc to restore your browsing and gaming to optimal levels. Hope this helps shout if you need further assistance :)

Capture.JPG

OnlyOneKenobi

Hello OnlyOneKenobi,

Our support team respoded and found that your link was running at your maximum line speed of 4mbps. Please stop all downloads, updates etc to restore your browsing and gaming to optimal levels. Hope this helps shout if you need further assistance :)

View attachment 381607
Thanks, there was no download \ upload going on, aside from the speed test I was probably performing at that time... As I said, I disconnected all devices except the one doing speed tests. Anyhow the issue was resolved again shortly after I reported it. Hoping the connection remains stable...

OnlyOneKenobi

Things were going pretty well for a while, but have useless Internet again tonight... 8932 Logged. Sub 1mbps downloads and 0.01mbps uploads.

OnlyOneKenobi

Hi.

More issues tonight. Internet is fine in the morning and the afternoon, but useless at night for the past three days. I have logged yet another support ticket as per the below :

re : #8932, 8370, 8039,

Jared came out yesterday to investigate my recent speed related problems and came to the conclusion that a neighbour's palm tree is the cause and recommended that the dish be raised with a longer pole / different bracket. Subsequently, I received a quote from yourselves in the amount of R900-odd to resolve the issue. However, I have observed that the speed issues seem to occur only at night (after 18:00) for the past three nights in a row. During the afternoon, the connection seems fine. I wonder, how can the palm tree be the cause of the problem if the issue only occurs at a specific time of day. Furthermore, if I do accept the quote and the dish is suitably raised and the issue still occurs, what is the next course of action?

Level7

Level-7 Representative
Company Rep
Hi.

More issues tonight. Internet is fine in the morning and the afternoon, but useless at night for the past three days. I have logged yet another support ticket as per the below :

re : #8932, 8370, 8039,

Jared came out yesterday to investigate my recent speed related problems and came to the conclusion that a neighbour's palm tree is the cause and recommended that the dish be raised with a longer pole / different bracket. Subsequently, I received a quote from yourselves in the amount of R900-odd to resolve the issue. However, I have observed that the speed issues seem to occur only at night (after 18:00) for the past three nights in a row. During the afternoon, the connection seems fine. I wonder, how can the palm tree be the cause of the problem if the issue only occurs at a specific time of day. Furthermore, if I do accept the quote and the dish is suitably raised and the issue still occurs, what is the next course of action?
Hi <>,

Let us know when we come out and fit the longer pole? Your signal is currently the worst on the sector due to the palm tree that is blocking LOS to the tower.

Thank you!

Last edited by a moderator:

OnlyOneKenobi

Level 7,

So the longer pole was fitted last week Thursday and things have been fine until this afternoon. Once again my Internet connectivity is essentially useless with 0.5Mbps on Speedtest... From multiple devices. Refer to the screenshots below.

Can this problem please be resolved for once and all, as I have been reporting issues since July.

https://imgur.com/a/ob6ZC

Level7

Level-7 Representative
Company Rep
Level 7,

So the longer pole was fitted last week Thursday and things have been fine until this afternoon. Once again my Internet connectivity is essentially useless with 0.5Mbps on Speedtest... From multiple devices. Refer to the screenshots below.

Can this problem please be resolved for once and all, as I have been reporting issues since July.

https://imgur.com/a/ob6ZC
Hi <>, I am checking this for you. I did move you earlier today, perhaps it was the wrong move. The signal is way better since the pole upgrade.

johannieuw

Hi Christian and Mario,

I am still very happy with the service you provide. I have now jealous friends in Pretoria East that wants to use your services.

Last Result:
Download Speed: 4070 kbps (508.8 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 1095 kbps (136.9 KB/sec transfer rate)
Latency: 11 ms
Jitter: 3 ms
2016/09/22, 6:15:14 PM

Level7

Level-7 Representative
Company Rep
Hi Christian and Mario,

I am still very happy with the service you provide. I have now jealous friends in Pretoria East that wants to use your services.

Last Result:
Download Speed: 4070 kbps (508.8 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 1095 kbps (136.9 KB/sec transfer rate)
Latency: 11 ms
Jitter: 3 ms
2016/09/22, 6:15:14 PM
Glad you are happy! Hope you tell your Pretoria east friends to get in touch as we now cover the area!

OnlyOneKenobi

1.36 Mbps tonight, despite the longer pole. I am not getting the service I am paying for! Why is this problem only occuring at night?

Level7

Level-7 Representative
Company Rep
1.36 Mbps tonight, despite the longer pole. I am not getting the service I am paying for! Why is this problem only occuring at night?
<personal info removed>, let us know when we can send someone out to fit a larger dish at our expense to try resolve this issue. Are you available anytime earlier ?

Ho3n3r

Honorary Master
@level-7admin Is there any way I can request that you check my line of sight, and if wireless is indeed a viable option for me? Due to exchange congestion, I need a wireless option ASAP.

Thanks in advance.

Level7

Level-7 Representative
Company Rep
@level-7admin Is there any way I can request that you check my line of sight, and if wireless is indeed a viable option for me? Due to exchange congestion, I need a wireless option ASAP.

Thanks in advance.
Hi Ho3n3r, ofcourse! Please contact us on info@level-7.co.za and we will check for you

OnlyOneKenobi

It's been a week since Level 7 sorted out my internet issues by moving the install to the other side of my house and pointing the dish at one of their other towers. I am very happy to report that it looks like my internet woes are over, and my connectivity has never been better! I am consistently getting 4Mbps with no slowdowns or packet loss. Thanks Level-7 for your assistance in getting thing to run smoothly.

-Edit to update on 19-10-2016 - my Level-7 services are still running flawlessly since the work done as mentioned above. Thanks once again to Mario and the team in resolving the problems I had been experiencing.

Last edited: