LG G3

Beylie

The G3 is the only phone so far this year that has me excited. I thought I'd end up getting the S5, but that damn chrome on the side of it makes it look so cheap! The heartbeat sensor and shaky implementation of the fingerprint reader does not help. Also, it's time to support the underdog! :D

The number of G3 leaks have increased dramatically in the last 2 weeks or so. This sums it up pretty much:

http://gadgets.ndtv.com/mobiles/news/lg-g3-design-and-specifications-leaked-ahead-of-may-27-launch-517479

5.5" QHD (1440x2560 pixels) screen
2 GB RAM (16GB Int) / 3GB RAM (32GB Int) variants (some claim that the FHD version will have the 2GB's)
13MP camera with OIS seems most likely
Mono speaker on the back (sigh...)
3000 Mah battery
Snapdragon 801 CPU / Adreno 330

No one's really sure where the front facing camera is or whether it has one. The 2nd sensor on the back is also an unknown, probably a 2nd flash.

Either way, the phone seems exciting enough to wait for. I really like the M8, but that camera is a letdown IMHO. The official launch seems to be on the 27th of May. Let's hope it's worth the wait.

Update 1

Some pics:
image1.jpg

image2.jpg

big.jpg

Update 2

Close-up of camera

BmZkK7nCEAE9XHj.jpg

Update 3

New renders:

lgg3blackleakaam.jpg

lgg3whiteleakaam.jpg

See post #5 for more pics.

Last edited:

shack-32

I wonder what the price will be as the g2 was much cheaper than s4 at launch

Brawler

Executive Member
I'm also keeping an eye on it. If HTC doesn't get their act together by then I'll get the g3.

If I was forced to buy right now there is a good chance I'd still pick the g2. That gorgeous screen with thin bezels does it for me.

Beylie

It'd be nice if it came out with the 805 CPU instead of the 801. Also, why does everyone out there find it so damn hard to not use plastic.

I've added 2 leaked pics for those too lazy to click through. :D The back could be nicer.

Update 4

Protective cover

Screen-Shot-2014-05-02-at-10.32.33-AM-620x370.png

Update 5

Another render.LG-G3-3-620x375.jpg

Update 6

Metal back! Removable battery! Sure a lot of people will be happy with this!

lg_g3_back_battery_leak.jpg

Update 7

It comes in gold too. Look at those thin bezels!

lg_g3_gold_leak.jpg

Update 8

Another case pic

lgg3-case-main.jpg

Update 9

More pics.

lgg3-colors-main.jpg

-----------------

Latest pics in post #39

Last edited:

DrJohnZoidberg

Honorary Master
Looks like a great device! I wonder when we will start seeing availability in SA. I may consider holding off a month or two on my upgrade for this.

shiverz

Expert Member
3k mAh REMOVABLE battery. 1Watt speaker. I also read about SD card slot.

Beylie

I'm not that bothered about a removable battery. I have the S3 and I never used a spare. I guess I'm lucky in the sense that I'm around a usb port 90% of the time so my phone is mostly charged.

This need the SD slot though. It'll be a big loss in my book should it not come with it. Currently I have a 64GB SD in my S3 and it's full. Music, ScummVM games, MAME etc.

Btw, new supposed leaked pic of camera added to first post.

DrJohnZoidberg

Honorary Master
I'm not that bothered about a removable battery. I have the S3 and I never used a spare. I guess I'm lucky in the sense that I'm around a usb port 90% of the time so my phone is mostly charged.

This need the SD slot though. It'll be a big loss in my book should it not come with it. Currently I have a 64GB SD in my S3 and it's full. Music, ScummVM games, MAME etc.

Btw, new supposed leaked pic of camera added to first post.
Removable battery really makes a difference 2 years down the line when your old battery starts giving in.

Beylie

Removable battery really makes a difference 2 years down the line when your old battery starts giving in.
True for people that don't upgrade every 2 years. I can't imagine sticking with a phone for longer than 2 years. The gadget itch just gets to much to handle!

shiverz

Expert Member
I really hope this phone is priced under R400. I was excited to upgrade last month unitl I saw the packages on offer and the S5 at R400+. So now I'm banking on this...

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
I really hope this phone is priced under R400. I was excited to upgrade last month unitl I saw the packages on offer and the S5 at R400+. So now I'm banking on this...
Good luck. The G2 was up there with the S4 on release.

shiverz

Expert Member
Well hopefully by then I'd have more options like M8 and Z2 to pick from if it's overpriced.

shack-32

It'd be nice if it came out with the 805 CPU instead of the 801. Also, why does everyone out there find it so damn hard to not use plastic.

I've added 2 leaked pics for those too lazy to click through. :D The back could be nicer.
I'd rather have a plastic phone that is lighter, gets no dents when it falls and is not so cold in winter

genetic

Honorary Master
It will be on par with all other flagship devices, which means at least R400+.

Beylie

I'd rather have a plastic phone that is lighter, gets no dents when it falls and is not so cold in winter
True. But they have to at least make the plastic look nice. I'm not crazy about white plastic as in the original post, but the new pics I just added looks great. Especially the black!

shiverz

Expert Member
It will be on par with all other flagship devices, which means at least R400+.
I would pay up to R450 if it were to come with a gig of data. It's what I see atm things like 100mb for that price which I feel is daylight robbery. Surely one of them will have a good deal on them... I can only live in hope...

Update: Managed to get a Note 3 with VC for R359!

Last edited:
K

kingrob

I would pay up to R450 if it were to come with a gig of data. It's what I see atm things like 100mb for that price which I feel is daylight robbery. Surely one of them will have a good deal on them... I can only live in hope...

Update: Managed to get a Note 3 with VC for R359!
Please let us know which contract you got this on!!