Looking for best iPhone 5 64GB device deal

Yuu

Executive Member
Hey all,

Dad is looking for one of these and doesn't want to touch any other phone (even after i let him play with my SIII) so currently the only deal i can see is from TelkomMobile @ R449.00 p/m with 150MB data, 100mins airtime. See below for link and pic.

source

Plans - Telkom Mobile 2013-07-30 17-04-23.jpg

Am i missing out on a deal that is better? Budget per month should not exceed R650.00

In terms of data, 90% will be through home Wifi 2Mbps uncapped so not concerned about that.

Decent 3G coverage at home.

Many Thanks,

Yuu

Executive Member
What do you need all that space for?
My dad has discovered the internet more now with nearing 60years and wants to carry his music around too :O.

Definitely not, remarried now...
Is "Dad" your real dad? :eek:
Not sure what you mean :/
Fixed that for you ;)
LOL

I take it that the Telkom Mobile deal is the best. His going to signup later today :)

I already mentioned a 5s announcement coming September and a 6 next year but alas, waiting can only go so far.

morkhans

A MyBroadband
Super Moderator
16GB is actually plenty for music even with a couple of apps. My current usage says: 694 songs (320kbps), 310 photos, 50 apps and I have 4.3GB free of my effective 13.4GB (allowing for OS etc.).

If internet is what he's after the Cell C deal is a way better offer with 400MB/pm included data, plus per second billing. 150mb/pm is never going to be enough for a smartphone.

http://www.cellc.co.za/cell-phone-deals/contract/apple-iphone-5-16gb-on-straight-up-100?t=hot

Last edited:

Yuu

Executive Member
From previous deleted post i made

Thanks morkhans, my dad has just mentioned that he will use the included minutes and change sim cards from another contract on Vodacom or CellC. Yeah, that CellC is much better. His picking up the white later today from the Telkom shop .

Appreciate all the help.

Update 02-08-13 - Just got the phone a few minutes ago and boy does it look gorgeous. Charging now so still gotta see those extra pixels.

I wanted to ask aswell, recommended screen protector to get for this, car kit (i always remind him when he answers while driving and he hasn't found anything he likes so has tasked me with looking for one) & the best case for the phone. His last iphone4 took a fall from not a very big height but cracked. My sister now has fixed and started using it :p.

Thanks once again guys.