Low Cars / Modded car thread.

Speed humps are for speed control. So aren't i actually doing it right by crawling over the hump (in a straight line) and slowing down the traffic behind me? It's traffic calming that isn't actually calming to those being calmed.

If you can hit it straight on at 20km/h then I reckon you are just fine.
 
Didn’t the “cash” originate from your home loan?

Just asking...you know fibs and all that.

I was wondering if you were going to mention that :)

Actually no - came from my rental home loan. However, that came from me selling shares and putting the proceeds into my rental loan; until I paid for car with EFT from balance now available on my homeloan. Better interest rate and such, if you will recall.

So, answered and all that? :crylaugh:

PS - from bemoaning the fact the other night that we should agree more often, I see you have decided to rather spend your time trying to pick squabbles with me instead.

I will just need to check with the mod that your complaint about me harassing you is now null and void, and you are fair game once again...
 
Last edited:
The only extrapolations that should be made with regards expensive cars is how much they cost.

I leave it in the capable hands of Patrick to explain:
Your car doesn’t cost you R5800 p/m it costs you a million dollars you fool…

Dude, get over it. Some people can afford it and choose to do so.

I work for my money - I'm lucky enough to be able to afford it, and I enjoy a fast car tremendously. And a relatively good looking one that is fairly rare on the roads as well. Call me shallow if you want, but it adds pleasure to my life.

The ZF autobox also decreases frustration in traffic, which sadly is a significant factor in the daily grind of life.

But, if you really, really must know, the real reason I pulled the trigger on purchasing this car was that one of my oldest friends died from a stroke age 43. I have mentioned this a couple of times already. I decided that life can be too short, so decided to buy something I enjoyed.

So, you ok with that? Me spending my own money on something I wanted? Yes, wanted, not needed.
 
If you can hit it straight on at 20km/h then I reckon you are just fine.

it's because people go and add aftermarket spoilers and side skirts they cause this trouble by going over speed bumps very slow and in an angle.
 
But, if you really, really must know, the real reason I pulled the trigger on purchasing this car was that one of my oldest friends died from a stroke age 43. I have mentioned this a couple of times already. I decided that life can be too short, so decided to buy something I enjoyed.

So I suppose you went on a diet, improved your exercise routine and such? Nah, just get yourself further into the rat race by increasing your expenses.

So, you ok with that? Me spending my own money on something I wanted? Yes, wanted, not needed.

I think it is stupid, but the world's economy needs stupid people who are loose with their money. Therefore spend away.
 
So I suppose you went on a diet, improved your exercise routine and such? Nah, just get yourself further into the rat race by increasing your expenses.

This rat didn't increase any expenses other than insurance. However, the rat also increased his enjoyment levels quite significantly, and also decreased stress level (that pesky traffic).

Likewise this rat detects a bit of bitterness from the star gazer.

Edit: One can also pass away from things other than lifestyle choices neh.

I think it is stupid, but the world's economy needs stupid people who are loose with their money. Therefore spend away.

Ag, what I think is stupid is you being so concerned about how I spend my money. It's coming through more and more as simple jealousy...
 
This rat didn't increase any expenses other than insurance.
I suppose increase depreciation, increase maintenance costs and increased fuel usage don't count.

Likewise this rat detects a bit of bitterness from the star gazer.

Ag, what I think is stupid is you being so concerned about how I spend my money. It's coming through more and more as simple jealousy...

What do you want me to say? I just said that you should spend the money as you want to. Why do you care if I think you are an idiot for doing so. Especially when I am a bitter star gazer?

It's coming through more and more as simple jealousy...
Why would I be jealous of someone who enslaves themselves to an expensive material object?
 
I suppose increase depreciation, increase maintenance costs and increased fuel usage don't count.



What do you want me to say? I just said that you should spend the money as you want to. Why do you care if I think you are an idiot for doing so. Especially when I am a bitter star gazer?


Why would I be jealous of someone who enslaves themselves to an expensive material object?

Fuel consumption dropped. 5 year maintenance plan. Depreciation? Didn't buy it as an asset - more like entertainment expenditure.

Throw out the insults all you want, but it's obvious where you coming from now.

You know what flavour of jelly you are? Bitter....
 
Fuel consumption dropped. 5 year maintenance plan. Depreciation? Didn't buy it as an asset - more like entertainment expenditure.

Throw out the insults all you want, but it's obvious where you coming from now.

You know what flavour of jelly you are? Bitter....

What do you want me to say? That you are making wise financial decisions by spending excessive amounts of money on something that will being diminishing returns of pleasure? That the key to long term happiness is to hoard material goods?
 
What do you want me to say? That you are making wise financial decisions by spending excessive amounts of money on something that will being diminishing returns of pleasure? That the key to long term happiness is to hoard material goods?

See, you once again making up emotional statements that seem to stem from bitter jelly.

Whoever mentioned long term happinness? Who said I was hoarding?

You seem to think that I can't meet the financial goals you have determined are "not-stupid" with having bought a new car. That would be incorrect.

Tell me, all this money you would prefer saving - what are you ultimately going to spend it on? Paying your old age carer (assuming you actually live that long) to give you extra-special sponge baths?
 
I was wondering if you were going to mention that :)

Actually no - came from my rental home loan. However, that came from me selling shares and putting the proceeds into my rental loan; until I paid for car with EFT from balance now available on my homeloan. Better interest rate and such, if you will recall.

So, answered and all that? :crylaugh:

PS - from bemoaning the fact the other night that we should agree more often, I see you have decided to rather spend your time trying to pick squabbles with me instead.

I will just need to check with the mod that your complaint about me harassing you is now null and void, and you are fair game once again...

Relax, I was just keeping the conversation on track to your own standards.

Didn't agree or disagree, just asked a question.
 
I haven't seen any mention of how the dicks driving some big vans (Ford Rangers particularly) and suvs, crawl over speed bumps.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X