Low Cars / Modded car thread.

How so?

I have pointed out now for the third time that people are more than welcome to spend their finite lives buying useless things. The reason why I think it is a bad idea is because I can mathematically prove it is.

So you can mathematically prove that my *** expensive gaming PC is a bad way to keep me entertained and happy, I would like to see your metrics on happiness vs price paid, you might have the next best thing to magic right there
 
So you can mathematically prove that my *** expensive gaming PC is a bad way to keep me entertained and happy, I would like to see your metrics on happiness vs price paid, you might have the next best thing to magic right there

Even the most expensive gaming PC is peanuts compared to how much cars cost. I doubt you were silly enough to have bought the thing on credit, nor do I think you pay much extra on your insurance bill.
 
So you can mathematically prove that my *** expensive gaming PC is a bad way to keep me entertained and happy, I would like to see your metrics on happiness vs price paid, you might have the next best thing to magic right there

I can assure you that you get more out of your PC than a daily commute to work and back and the odd drive on a weekend. It also provides you with entertainment, where a car is nothing more than a mode of transport from point A to point B :p
 
*Looks up at Forum heading
*Reads thread
*Gets very confused

Coulda sworn this was the Motoring Section; perhaps this thread should be moved to the Health & Wealth section?
Although..., it has been pretty entertaining. OK, I give my consent, it can stay.
 
*Looks up at Forum heading
*Reads thread
*Gets very confused

Coulda sworn this was the Motoring Section; perhaps this thread should be moved to the Health & Wealth section?
Although..., it has been pretty entertaining. OK, I give my consent, it can stay.

:crylaugh:
 
I can assure you that you get more out of your PC than a daily commute to work and back and the odd drive on a weekend. It also provides you with entertainment, where a car is nothing more than a mode of transport from point A to point B :p

No, you cannot assure any such thing. You are doing that thing where you think your experiences/preferences/opinions are the only correct ones.

Some people do not like PC games, social media etc. However, they might love going bundu bashing, or camping, or safari's, or long drives round the coast, or drag racing, or modding their cars, or detailing, or joining motor clubs to meet other people. etc etc etc.
 
So you can mathematically prove that my *** expensive gaming PC is a bad way to keep me entertained and happy, I would like to see your metrics on happiness vs price paid, you might have the next best thing to magic right there

Read his article. The funny thing is though he talks about "mathematically prove", the article is basically a load of angst about owning material things and just be happy with nothing and being able to breath.

So although he avoids it, and tries to compare it to a car in terms of price, your PC too is an obstacle to glowing happiness - and a symbol of hoarding and materialism...
 
No, you cannot assure any such thing. You are doing that thing where you think your experiences/preferences/opinions are the only correct ones.

Some people do not like PC games, social media etc. However, they might love going bundu bashing, or camping, or safari's, or long drives round the coast, or drag racing, or modding their cars, or detailing, or joining motor clubs to meet other people. etc etc etc.

Whether he likes PC games (which he does, only reason to have a massively expensive machine, well either that or Designing) or not is pretty irrelevant. It's a fact that he will spend more time in front of his PC than he does driving his vehicle. But let's not make assumptions, let's ask him?
[MENTION=350860]R4ziel[/MENTION] how many hours a week do you drive your vehicle and how many hours a week do you spend in front of your PC? What do you use it for? (PC)
 
Whether he likes PC games (which he does, only reason to have a massively expensive machine, well either that or Designing) or not is pretty irrelevant. It's a fact that he will spend more time in front of his PC than he does driving his vehicle. But let's not make assumptions, let's ask him?
[MENTION=350860]R4ziel[/MENTION] how many hours a week do you drive your vehicle and how many hours a week do you spend in front of your PC? What do you use it for? (PC)
Your point is moot. You should rather ask him if he can play the same games on a PC half the price. He will probably say yes. But does he want to turn settings down or enjoy eye candy?

Same goes for a car. An Atos will get me from A - B, but doing it in let's say a C63 is more fun and enjoyable.
 
Your point is moot. You should rather ask him if he can play the same games on a PC half the price. He will probably say yes. But does he want to turn settings down or enjoy eye candy?

Same goes for a car. An Atos will get me from A - B, but doing it in let's say a C63 is more fun and enjoyable.

Was a direct response to Splinter, not really indicative of the discussion in this thread. Splinter addressed me and I addressed him. Just waiting to see if I was correct or not. Which I know I am if he has an expensive machine :p
 
Your point is moot. You should rather ask him if he can play the same games on a PC half the price. He will probably say yes. But does he want to turn settings down or enjoy eye candy?

Same goes for a car. An Atos will get me from A - B, but doing it in let's say a C63 is more fun and enjoyable.

Yep. Also was talking about the general population as well. Some may prefer PC's, some cars, some pony's (lol) etc.
 
Your point is moot. You should rather ask him if he can play the same games on a PC half the price. He will probably say yes. But does he want to turn settings down or enjoy eye candy?
Most games look good enough on my PC. That is the premise of the entire console industry BTW. The games do not look as good as they do on gaming PCs, but the machines are much cheaper and more importantly, are much easier for a non-technical person to enjoy.


Same goes for a car. An Atos will get me from A - B, but doing it in let's say a C63 is more fun and enjoyable.

Which do you think you would remember more and bring you more enjoyment and fun? Sitting in traffic in an overpriced piece of German Engineering. Or going on countless holidays with your family with the price difference between the C63 and the Atos?
 
Yep. Also was talking about the general population as well. Some may prefer PC's, some cars, some pony's (lol) etc.

You need to sharpen your comprehension skills. I was talking to R4ziel directly, I never claimed general population in any of my posts. If you have a R 30k PC, you are not part of the general population. General population buy their intel onboard GPU shyte from Mackro and Dions. R4ziel, clearly indicated he has an expensive machine I was talking to him directly when you quoted me.
 
Most games look good enough on my PC. That is the premise of the entire console industry BTW. The games do not look as good as they do on gaming PCs, but the machines are much cheaper and more importantly, are much easier for a non-technical person to enjoy.

I agree with you. However, once you've gone 144/165hz there is no turning back.

Which do you think you would and bring you more enjoyment and fun? Sitting in traffic in an overpriced piece of German Engineering. Or going on countless holidays with your family with the price difference between the C63 and the Atos?

There are many that can afford both. If you finance an expensive car and can barely make ends meet - there I agree with you, low IQ bracket. If you are financially stable and can afford it, why not?
 
Can't believe these guys, they hounded OP out of his own thread so that they can talk about computer games.

Ha!

This thread has sure evolved. :D

Yes but now I've become terribly confused as to what we're arguing; I think it's now which is better - a gaming PC, a C63 or a sea-side holiday?
I, unfortunately, chose to have two kids. So I get none of the above.
 
Whether he likes PC games (which he does, only reason to have a massively expensive machine, well either that or Designing) or not is pretty irrelevant. It's a fact that he will spend more time in front of his PC than he does driving his vehicle. But let's not make assumptions, let's ask him?
[MENTION=350860]R4ziel[/MENTION] how many hours a week do you drive your vehicle and how many hours a week do you spend in front of your PC? What do you use it for? (PC)

I gave the example of my PC because most people think its a waste of money like is suggested here with buying an expensive car. For me the 50K+ I spent on my PC is the same as someone buying a R1m vehicle, which I would norafok be able to afford. To me its a lot invested and I am proud of it. Obviously I spent a lot more time in front of my PC than I do in my car (basic polo if you must know), but although I do enjoy cars, I can't justify an expensive car as I wouldn't get as much joy out of it as I would a PC.

What I was trying to achieve, is argue to Konfab's point where he pretty much alluded to the fact that an expensive car is a bad purchase because it doesn't make sense mathematically, as it costs you a ****load. So what, if you can afford it go right ahead, if you enjoy it, which sounds like Splinter does, then great! your money, your life.

I've met people who bought a R12m yacht and sailed with it once in 10 years, then sold it for stupid cheap, that definitely doesn't make sense mathematically, but so the heck what, it is his money and he did what he thought he would enjoy.

Konfab makes it sound like you should consider every single purchase you make and whether that makes financial sense or not, no emotion attached to it at all. By that token all of my purchases would have been wrong Xd
 
I gave the example of my PC because most people think its a waste of money like is suggested here with buying an expensive car. For me the 50K+ I spent on my PC is the same as someone buying a R1m vehicle, which I would norafok be able to afford. To me its a lot invested and I am proud of it. Obviously I spent a lot more time in front of my PC than I do in my car (basic polo if you must know), but although I do enjoy cars, I can't justify an expensive car as I wouldn't get as much joy out of it as I would a PC.

What I was trying to achieve, is argue to Konfab's point where he pretty much alluded to the fact that an expensive car is a bad purchase because it doesn't make sense mathematically, as it costs you a ****load. So what, if you can afford it go right ahead, if you enjoy it, which sounds like Splinter does, then great! your money, your life.

I've met people who bought a R12m yacht and sailed with it once in 10 years, then sold it for stupid cheap, that definitely doesn't make sense mathematically, but so the heck what, it is his money and he did what he thought he would enjoy.

And I agree with you.

Konfab makes it sound like you should consider every single purchase you make and whether that makes financial sense or not, no emotion attached to it at all. By that token all of my purchases would have been wrong Xd

Was just trying to highlight a difference here.

It's not stupid to compare a PC (something you obviously use and enjoy) with something you drive from point A to B. I too can buy a Tazz and drive from A to B, but I can afford a nice car or two so I have nice cars. Not R 800k cars, but nicer mid range cars. If I could afford a R 3m car I would obviously buy it, but not for investment or not buy it because it doesn't make financial sense. I'll do it because I can.

The lines have become pretty blurred since the OP.

In general, it's like putting a 1GB GPU in your PC instead of a 8GB GPU because it looks better than the 4GB GPU. That was the OP's stance and those who agree with him. Which is moronic.
 
Ha!



Yes but now I've become terribly confused as to what we're arguing; I think it's now which is better - a gaming PC, a C63 or a sea-side holiday?
I, unfortunately, chose to have two kids. So I get none of the above.

:crylaugh:
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X