Magazine, Racist or what?

Hi all,

I'm not sure If I worded the title correctly but check this out.

I was sitting eating my chips and on the table was a bunch of magazines.
I picked up the magazine MOVE! and started reading it.

It's apparently "A magazine for woman" but while reading it, I noticed one thing almost immediately, there was like, NO white people in the magazine!

Okay, there are, but if I had to go and count them, there would be 3/4 max!

Also, all the people who wrote in (in the columns) had names like Thuli and Sipho (no, not joking, really!) etc etc.

Am I just being daft or is this magazine clearly doing something wrong.

If you have access to it, check it out, all the models and such are black, and there are hardly coloureds or indians.

"A magazine for woman" is the wrong catch phrase as far as I'm concerned, it should be "A magazine for the people of colour - the darker colour" :D

I just thought i'd mention this, because in our country with racism going on, magazines like this shouldn't be doing this!

... Maybe I'm also being ignorant and such - you tell me!

Keeper

Honorary Master
gdiza, i have just come to the conlusion that you are a dumbass. sorry, but that's what I think.

you have magazines for all races and just because the writer's name is Thuli or Sipho doesn't make the mag racist. do you see any chinese people in huis genoot?

honestly....

eye_suc

Expert Member
bloody huisgenoot! bloody white writers!!! racists!

you serious about this gdiza? you even seen Drum?

gdiza, i have just come to the conlusion that you are a dumbass. sorry, but that's what I think.

you have magazines for all races and just because the writer's name is Thuli or Sipho doesn't make the mag racist. do you see any chinese people in huis genoot?

honestly....
Think what you will, but there can be magazines about CAR interests, BIKE interests, COMPUTERS, pregnancies... when when you can clearly see that its full of black people and no white people... what do you think then?

Funny thing is, I was watching after, I took all the mags off the table except for this one and our cleaner was reading the magazine, shes black.

She left, and everyone else picked it up, and didn't even open it, they put it down.

Yes, i'm sure there can be a black mag and a white mag, but with our history, this shouldn't even be a thought.

I just checked another older version of the move mag and check the editors listing and such... all black people, the only white person is DR EVE and she talks about sex and pregnancies and such and if you page to that section... well, its all black people in the pictures.

bloody huisgenoot! bloody white writers!!! racists!

you serious about this gdiza? you even seen Drum?
I never read drum, no.

But had I seen it, I probably would've asked the same question.

We have such a horrible past (apartheid) and it makes it harder.

But hey, whatever.

adelp

Expert Member

honestly....
+100

DDV TECH

Expert Member
Think what you will, but there can be magazines about CAR interests, BIKE interests, COMPUTERS, pregnancies... when when you can clearly see that its full of black people and no white people... what do you think then?

Funny thing is, I was watching after, I took all the mags off the table except for this one and our cleaner was reading the magazine, shes black.

She left, and everyone else picked it up, and didn't even open it, they put it down.

Yes, i'm sure there can be a black mag and a white mag, but with our history, this shouldn't even be a thought.

I just checked another older version of the move mag and check the editors listing and such... all black people, the only white person is DR EVE and she talks about sex and pregnancies and such and if you page to that section... well, its all black people in the pictures.
I don’t get the gripe? Do you hate the magazine for focusing on blacks? Do you hate the blacks for having their own magazine? Do you just hate people in general? If you aren’t doing this as a joke, then you surely are an idiot. :mad:

eye_suc

Expert Member
I never read drum, no.

But had I seen it, I probably would've asked the same question.

We have such a horrible past (apartheid) and it makes it harder.

But hey, whatever.
yeah, cool :) ever come across a white only magazine?

DarkDenim

Expert Member

honestly....
He is the dumbest dumbass on MyBB!

eye_suc

Expert Member
Sarie.... Finess all those afrikaans womens mags. Keur???Have you guys never been to the old age home? They love everything all white.... Shame
yup :) thank you adel

bloody mashed potatoes, racist as well.. and MILK! and mielie pap! ive never seen any black (cept for pepper in the mash) in those

eye_suc

Expert Member
:eek::eek: uhmmmm

whats with the gay stuff on the monitor there?

EDIT: LOLZ at the taddle tales...

Last edited:

Surv0

Executive Member
We shouldnt be judging a magazine by the colour of the people in it, rather the content.