Magazine, Racist or what?

Natasha H

Expert Member
No, it’s when idiots start talking k@k, and trying to sell it as chocolate, that it gets agro. You gotta love the fact that he has me on ignore, I can say almost anything I like and he doesn’t take offence…love it. :D
What if you get quoted? ;)

brixton tower

Expert Member
Hi all,

I'm not sure If I worded the title correctly but check this out.

I was sitting eating my chips and on the table was a bunch of magazines.
I picked up the magazine MOVE! and started reading it.

It's apparently "A magazine for woman" but while reading it, I noticed one thing almost immediately, there was like, NO white people in the magazine!

Okay, there are, but if I had to go and count them, there would be 3/4 max!

Also, all the people who wrote in (in the columns) had names like Thuli and Sipho (no, not joking, really!) etc etc.

Am I just being daft or is this magazine clearly doing something wrong.

If you have access to it, check it out, all the models and such are black, and there are hardly coloureds or indians.

"A magazine for woman" is the wrong catch phrase as far as I'm concerned, it should be "A magazine for the people of colour - the darker colour" :D

I just thought i'd mention this, because in our country with racism going on, magazines like this shouldn't be doing this!

... Maybe I'm also being ignorant and such - you tell me!

Now consider how I must be feeling every time I see a copy of Landbou Weekblad at my doctor's office.

Seriously bro, Move magazine is owned by Naspers aka media24 the same people who make money off crap like You/Husgenoot/Drum/Die Son/Daily Sun and a plethora of stupid magazines that unfortunately have a market in South Africa.

DDV TECH

Expert Member
I still don’t get it. It’s like buying Bike SA and bitching that there are no computer reviews, the magazine wasn’t meant for you, and it focuses on another demographic, move along. Why should they have whites in it, if it wasn’t intended for white readers?

Zenbaas

Honorary Master
I still don’t get it. It’s like buying Bike SA and bitching that there are no computer reviews, the magazine wasn’t meant for you, and it focuses on another demographic, move along. Why should they have whites in it, if it wasn’t intended for white readers?
Jaaaarp:D