Mahindra XUV300

Had mine now since mid December and my complaint is the same, the hard plastic in places is odd especially at the medium level, if it was the MX series sure. The auto dimming mirror eh couldn't be bothered, my issue has been the thermometer doesn't update fast enough, it feels like it gets stuck at a temp.
I also have a slow leak in the one tyre I need to go sort out, but right now I just use my tyre pressure pump at home to keep topping it back to 2.3.
Overall still like driving the car, big change from the little Clio I drove for 6 years.
 
Overall a very good review, but I am not surprised. My daughter also has the AX5 Auto, and I recently drove it to work and back, suburbs plus R21 highway. It is a great car in most respects. Gets to and holds 140km/h easily, even in normal mode. Fantastic value for money.
 
Had mine now since mid December and my complaint is the same, the hard plastic in places is odd especially at the medium level, if it was the MX series sure. The auto dimming mirror eh couldn't be bothered, my issue has been the thermometer doesn't update fast enough, it feels like it gets stuck at a temp.
I also have a slow leak in the one tyre I need to go sort out, but right now I just use my tyre pressure pump at home to keep topping it back to 2.3.
Overall still like driving the car, big change from the little Clio I drove for 6 years.
Have my AX7 for 3 weeks now. really enjoying it......

Agree with the temp thing........ it does feel like it gets stuck..... I will go to the garage where i bought mine next week...... so they can have a look
 
She owned a Mahindra XUV 3XO for almost a year | Here’s the truth!

Higher spec models don't have the issues she's referring to as things she doesnt like.
Also I've had mine 11 months and no turbo lag, she's also not taken off the plastic on the touch screen.
Looks like it's the MX3 version, no roof rails, cheaper wheels, no height adjustable seats.
 
@tcofran how is yours going? You got the AX7L so you've got the top one :-)
TBH, brilliant JBL :laugh: on wheels..... i does everything that i want perfectly. I am not a fan of big ass bakkies etc, so for my day to day driving it is really nice..... auto is good, climate control works as expected.... Sun visor also works, if you know how it works (unlike the video). Boot opening button could have been a bit bigger (in the beginning it did feel like searching for the G-Spot), but once you get used to it.... Only gripe is the parcel shelf in the boot.....

Adaptive cruise control really nice during morning school run.... Skyroof also nice.... especially early spring mornings and evening drives to mall / restaurant etc

so ja.. bought a car for reason.... it does the job......
 
TBH, brilliant JBL :laugh: on wheels..... i does everything that i want perfectly. I am not a fan of big ass bakkies etc, so for my day to day driving it is really nice..... auto is good, climate control works as expected.... Sun visor also works, if you know how it works (unlike the video). Boot opening button could have been a bit bigger (in the beginning it did feel like searching for the G-Spot), but once you get used to it.... Only gripe is the parcel shelf in the boot.....

Adaptive cruise control really nice during morning school run.... Skyroof also nice.... especially early spring mornings and evening drives to mall / restaurant etc

so ja.. bought a car for reason.... it does the job......
told you that sunroof is brilliant, I drive with mine more often then I thought I would, even spring mornings. I am glad you're enjoying yours, looking at putting in better speakers for the AX5, the ones fitted are flat.
 
told you that sunroof is brilliant, I drive with mine more often then I thought I would, even spring mornings. I am glad you're enjoying yours, looking at putting in better speakers for the AX5, the ones fitted are flat.
I installed these JBL Stage 2 models into my car last week - the 4" ones in the dash & the 6.5" ones in the front doors - the improvement in audio fidelity is significantly better than the OEM ones... and the upgrade wasn't too expensive either... (there are models supplied with speaker grilles & ones without them, depending on your fitment options)...


JBL STAGE2 45F 4″ 320w/40rms Coaxial Speakers (without grilles)​

1791205594757.png



JBL STAGE2 65M Stage 2 Series 6.5″ 480w/60rms Triaxial Speakers (with grilles)​



1791205623201.png



JBL organizes its car speakers into clear tiers from budget-friendly factory replacements to high-end audiophile performance systems, depending on your affordability & installation options.

1. Entry-Tier: JBL Stage Series (Stage1, Stage2, Stage3)

Price Range:
Budget-friendly (Lowest)
Design Type: Coaxial (2-way/3-way) and entry component split systems.
Best For: Everyday commuters looking for a straightforward, clean upgrade over blown or muffled factory door speakers.
Performance & Features: Tuned to run efficiently off standard factory head units or low-power stereos without needing an external amplifier. They use simpler materials like polypropylene cones and foam or rubber surrounds.

2. Mid-Tier: JBL GX & Club Series

Price Range:
Moderate (Mid-range)
Design Type: Coaxial and component systems featuring proprietary Plus One™ woofer cones for increased cone surface area and better bass response.
Performance & Features: Features low-impedance designs (typically 2.3-ohm or 3-ohm) to extract extra power safely from factory stereos or aftermarket head units. They offer higher sensitivity, cleaner high-frequency output via edge-driven dome tweeters, and more robust crossovers than the Stage line.
Best For: Drivers wanting noticeably louder volume, crisper highs, and punchier mid-bass without rewiring the car or installing heavy amplifiers.

3. Premium/High-End Tier: JBL GTO & Stadium Series

Price Range:
Expensive (Highest)
Design Type: Advanced component speaker systems and high-output multi-element coaxial setups.
Performance & Features: Built with edge-driven silk dome tweeters, adjustable tweeter output level controls, fiberglass or carbon-matrix woofer cones, and external passive crossovers with audiophile-grade components. Their ultra-low 2-ohm impedance squeezes maximum wattage out of external amplifiers.
Best For: Audiophiles building a custom sound system powered by dedicated external multi-channel amplifiers who demand extreme clarity, detail, and distortion-free volume at high levels.
 
I installed these JBL Stage 2 models into my car last week - the 4" ones in the dash & the 6.5" ones in the front doors - the improvement in audio fidelity is significantly better than the OEM ones... and the upgrade wasn't too expensive either... (there are models supplied with speaker grilles & ones without them, depending on your fitment options)...


JBL STAGE2 45F 4″ 320w/40rms Coaxial Speakers (without grilles)​

View attachment 1942792



JBL STAGE2 65M Stage 2 Series 6.5″ 480w/60rms Triaxial Speakers (with grilles)​



View attachment 1942793


I was actually looking at these, 6.5" should be for the doors and perhaps a component for the front doors as it has tweeters.
Though would it effect warranty?
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X