Mahindra XUV300

XPD

At least 30k too much to really compete against established brands and pre owned options. categories don’t mean so much these days in so much as price vs utility. E.g. this also competes with the bigger Duster or even a vivo cross or that new VW cross thing coming later this year.

thechamp

Honorary Master
At least 30k too much to really compete against established brands and pre owned options. categories don’t mean so much these days in so much as price vs utility. E.g. this also competes with the bigger Duster or even a vivo cross or that new VW cross thing coming later this year.
Someone told them they have arrived, too much confidence in the pricing.

FiestaST

Honorary Master
DRIVEN: The new Mahindra XUV300 hits the road to Paternoster

Mahindra has launched its new compact SUV, the XUV 300, in South Africa. Wheels24's, Leigh-Ann Londt experiences the new model.

This SUV is not just a fun, safety-packed vehicle but it is also very economical and affordable. Over a weekend I drove the new model to Paternoster. I was fairly impressed with the vehicle.

For the size of the vehicle, powered by a 1.5-litre, four-cylinder, turbo-diesel, the XUV300 is surprisingly nippy. Its engine is mated to a six-speed manual transmission resulting in a very smooth driving experience. The built-in satnav is also a boon when navigating along the West Coast.

The Mahindra is far from sluggish where speed is concerned. It pushes out 300Nm, nearly double the amount of torque when compared to my Toyota Corolla RXI 20Valve. It doesn't need to be geared down for extra speed, and it's able to overtake with ease.

https://www.wheels24.co.za/NewModels/driven-the-new-mahindra-xuv300-hits-the-road-to-paternoster-20190611

XUV300 1.JPGXUV300 2.JPGXUV300 3.JPGXUV300 4.JPG

thechamp

Honorary Master
The Mahindra is far from sluggish where speed is concerned. It pushes out 300Nm,
That is super impressive from a 1.5l. Is ita new engine or the same 1.5l doing duty in the other models?

FordGuru

^ I'm just shaking my head to this ad (not directed to you FiestaST)...we have several customers wanting to take this deal, only to be turned away by the bank because Mahindra SA cannot grant it.

FiestaST

Honorary Master
^ I'm just shaking my head to this ad (not directed to you FiestaST)...we have several customers wanting to take this deal, only to be turned away by the bank because Mahindra SA cannot grant it.
Lol

Spill the beans

FiestaST

Honorary Master
Quick review: Mahindra's new XUV300 is surprisingly good and affordable

The usual attention to a new car in my driveway was welcomed and I couldn't stop saying good things about the brand's new product. I would recommend this as an alternative choice to families or motorists looking for a new vehicle. You're looking at a price of R274 999, so that equates to about R3399 per month in instalments.

The boot is not massive, but suffice. There are loads of storage compartments and pockets.

If this is what is to come from all future products of Mahindra, they could become a serious contender in monthly sales figures.

https://m.wheels24.co.za/NewModels/quick-review-mahindras-new-xuv300-is-surprisingly-good-and-affordable-20190618

Ivan Leon

Expert Member
Mahindra XUV300 AMT Review

Mahindra is finally bringing out an AMT on the XUV300 subcompact SUV. While the automatic transmission will only be available on the diesel, we get behind the wheel to see how it really performs.

The XUV300 ticked all the right boxes in our book when we first drove it but with the addition of the AMT what all has changed? Watch our review to find out.

FiestaST

Honorary Master
Mahindra XUV300 1.5TD W8 (2019) Review

Fast Facts
Price: R324 999 (June 2019, without options)
Engine: 1.5-litre 4-cylinder turbodiesel
Gearbox: 6-speed manual
Fuel economy: 4.8 L/100km (claimed)
Power/Torque: 86 kW/300Nm

Price and warranty

The flagship XUV300 1.5TD W8, as tested here, sells for R324 999 (May 2019) without options. The price includes an excellent 5-year/150 000 km warranty and 5-year/90 000 km service plan, adding considerable peace of mind.

Verdict

So, in summary, then... the Mahindra XUV300 beats its main rivals in terms of engine outputs, standard features, plus the warranty and service plan included in the purchase price. It might lag some rivals (particularly the Opel) in terms of overall perceived quality and refinement, but it's not a massive gap. Where it does fall behind, however, is in the area of luggage space and rear-cabin flexibility. If you're considering the XUV300 as a family car, you may have to make sure first that the load bay is big enough for you – the Opel and Renault are both significantly larger in the back.

We have no doubt, however, that the XUV300 will become an integral product for the Indian brand in the local market and that's not only related to projected sales volumes. During its stint in our test fleet, the Mahindra drew positive comments from onlookers for its design and quality, which indicates that, as an image builder, the newcomer has an important role to play. In our opinion, the XUV300 has the goods to do just that. If this offering is anything to go by, the days of simply ignoring Mahindra because of its awkward design or rough-around-the-edges interiors are over.

https://www.cars.co.za/motoring_news/mahindra-xuv300-15td-w8-2019-review/46881/

Mahindra-XUV300-7.jpegMahindra-XUV300-8.jpegMahindra-XUV300-9.jpegxuv300-73_1800x1800.jpgMahindra-XUV300-2.jpegMahindra-XUV300-4.jpeg

Ivan Leon

Expert Member
Mahindra XUV300 AMT launched (in India)

The Mahindra XUV300 is now available (in India) with an automated manual transmission (AMT) option. It is available on the W8 diesel and W8(O) diesel variants for an additional cost of Rs. 55,000 over the price of the manual.

The XUV300 AMT is powered by a 1.5-litre, 4-cylinder diesel engine that produces 115 BHP @ 3,750 rpm and 300 Nm @ 1,500-2,500 rpm.

The engine is mated to a 6-speed AMT that has two modes - Auto and Manual. It also gets a Vehicle Creep function, which is disabled when a door is opened.

Other features include Electronic Stability Control, Hill Start Assist, Downhill Mode, Kick-Down Shifts and Anti-engine Stall as well as Drive and Reverse Lock Out that prevents sudden shifts between reverse and drive unless the speed is below 5 km/h.

The Mahindra XUV300 AMT is available in three colour options - Pearl White, Aquamarine and Red Rage.

https://www.team-bhp.com/news/mahindra-xuv300-amt-launched