Many iPhone XSs reportedly not charging via cable

R30,000 for a phone that can't charge. Some people going to be pissed
I would be too. But I suppose the people who can afford this phone are probably using wireless charging where there is no issue. Still, its all balls.

It does seem like its a software issue so would be fixed in iOS 12.0.1.

SharkBait

Executive Member
Not sure if you guys saw this video yet?

Alas, I have the same issue with my phone, but I am hoping it is something that can be fixed with a iOS update.
I also had an issue where my ringtone didn't play and the one playing was a lot softer than what my settings was. Downloading my old purchased tones and manually changing the settings resolved the issue for me.

But since my upgrade on friday, I have not had internet access via 3G/4G. Changed the APN settings and restarted the phone, but no luck as yet. Guess I'll have to phone vodacom.

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
Is a real Mickey Mouse oversight this one.

Hopefully a simple firmware update and not as widespread as it at first appears.

Granted many will be rocking wireless charging, but this is still amateur hour stuff from Apple.

R13...

Honorary Master
Is a real Mickey Mouse oversight this one.

Hopefully a simple firmware update and not as widespread as it at first appears.

Granted many will be rocking wireless charging, but this is still amateur hour stuff from Apple.
Doesn't the wireless charge come at an added cost? Suppose if you're willing to pay that much for a phone then you'd be okay with parting with a bit more for a wireless charger.

Arthur

Honorary Master
Not everyone is affected equally by a recession.
True. Rich people generally lose a lot more. But they usually have a bigger buffer. ;)

--

These days, which self-respecting tech-addict use a wire to recharge a phone? I migrated to Qi charging in 2015.