Marikana Shootings Farlam Commission Thread

porchrat

Honorary Master
Joined
Sep 11, 2008
Messages
34,278
I don't see how is physically, or medically possible for anyone to be able to withstand bullets. Unless of course they're talking about a "water gunnetjie"...lol.
Plenty of folks take bullets and live to tell the tale.
 

Hemi300c

Honorary Master
Joined
Dec 15, 2009
Messages
26,399
Should I try the sheep or rabbit??? Dam this wide variety gives me hassles!

Cannot believe that in this day and age someone would still believe in this shyt and to think that they are asked to tell the whole truth and nothing but the truth and one has to believe them?

Unfortunately it doesn't stop at miners either it continues up the ranks from miners, soccer to politics and government.

OMG were doomed!!!!
 

DJ...

Banned
Joined
Jan 24, 2007
Messages
70,287
What's quite clear is that even the sangomas themselves do not believe their own nonsense if they're having to resort to scamming their own clientele into believing that their hocus pocus is real. The box shows clear forethought into putting such a scam together...
 

grok

Honorary Master
Joined
Dec 20, 2007
Messages
28,673
This would explain why they stormed the police. You only charge a row of loaded & ready guns when you believe you won't come to any harm.

Well, they paid the price for their stupidity in the end, but they should charge that charlatan sangoma with murder too.
 

porchrat

Honorary Master
Joined
Sep 11, 2008
Messages
34,278
Oh wait ... those were halberds , lochabers and rondels .. .not bullets
Depending on the type of round used, the weapon firing it, what obstacles the bullet passed through before striking you and where it strikes you, you can survive being shot. Lots of people do.

I'm betting thousands of survivors if not tens of thousands around the world each year.
 
Last edited:
K

kingrob

Guest
Stupid people!

We all know only Neo can dodge & stop bullets.

neo_zps921a21b3.jpg
 

mercurial

MyBB Legend
Joined
Jun 12, 2007
Messages
40,902
Marikana Cops 'Shot My Testicles'

Police officers kicked and repeatedly shot an injured mineworker at Lonmin mine's platinum operation in Rustenburg, the Farlam commission heard on Tuesday.

Mzoxolo Magidiwana, 24, said even though he was not a rock drill operator, he joined the protest on August 16 to support his fellow miners.

Together with thousands of other protesters, Magidiwana said they decided to escape from the koppie near the mine, where they had been meeting, when they realised police officers were surrounding them with barbed wire.

"As soon as we emerged on the other side of the kraal, we were met with rapid gunfire. I was hit on my left leg. I stumbled and fell behind the others who had been shot, including Noki (a leader of the protesters who was fatally shot)," said Magidiwana, who is on crutches.

He said the gunfire then stopped, briefly.

"Shortly afterwards I could hear voices of policemen approaching the place where we had fallen. When they got to me, I was again shot several times from close range whilst I was on the ground," said Magidiwana.

"I sustained further shots in my abdomen. The last shot caught my testicles and caused me some severe injury. I pleaded with the police to rather kill me and told them my relatives' name, so they could help identify my body."

In response to his plea to be finished off, the police officers told him he was going to die anyway. He said the policemen used their cellphones to take photographs of the bodies lying around, while laughing. Others kicked the bodies.

Magidiwana told the commission one policeman felt pity for him and called for ambulances. He lost consciousness and woke up after two weeks in the intensive care unit of Sunninghill Hospital in Johannesburg.

He said he was later transferred to two other hospitals, where he spent several weeks, before being discharged at the end of November.
Throughout his stay in hospital, he was under police guard.

"I am in severe pain from the wounds on my legs, abdomen, elbow and testicles. I have been advised that there is a strong possibility that I may never be able to father children," Magidiwana said in his sworn affidavit presented to the commission.

Earlier, the commission received an application asking that the ongoing public hearings be moved to Gauteng.

Advocate Dali Mpofu, for the mineworkers arrested on August 16, asked the commission chairman, retired judge Ian Farlam, to move the hearings to a place close to either Pretoria or Johannesburg.

"Already there has been one extension until the end of May 2013. Some of us are not optimistic that we will meet that second deadline."

Mpofu said the lawyers were incurring numerous costs, including travelling to Rustenburg, and they had less time to hold consultations.

Several other parties, including the evidence leading team, supported the application to move the venue. Some parties said they would only support a move to Pretoria.

Farlam said he would arrange a meeting with Justice Minister Jeff Radebe to discuss moving the venue.

The commission is holding hearings in Rustenburg, North West, as part of its inquiry into the deaths of 44 people during an unprotected strike in Marikana last year.

On August 16, 34 striking mineworkers were shot dead and 78 injured when the police opened fire while trying to disperse a group which had gathered on a hill near the mine. Ten people, including two police officers and two security guards, were killed near the mine in the preceding week.

In August, President Jacob Zuma announced the establishment of the judicial commission of inquiry. He tasked it with investigating the cause of the violence of August 16 and the preceding, strike-related events.

The commission is mandated to conclude its investigations by May 31, and will have six weeks to submit its final report to Zuma.
The hearings resume on Wednesday morning.

Source: SAPA
 

LazyLion

King of de Jungle
Joined
Mar 17, 2005
Messages
105,603
Marikana Families Sue Police for Millions

The families of mineworkers killed in Marikana are suing Police Minister Nathi Mthwetha and National Police Commissioner Riah Phiyega for damages, the Socio Economic Right Institute (Seri) said on Friday.

"The families of the deceased will claim for loss of support and general damages," said their attorney Nomzamo Zondo

She said the damages were estimated to be a million rand per family but it could be more.

Zondo said most of the mineworkers killed at Marikana were the sole breadwinners in their households.

"Their family members have suffered irreparable loss of support following their deaths at the hands of police officers.

"Many of family members suffered severe emotional shock when they heard of the killing of their relatives, and now suffer from depression."

Zondo said some family members suffered miscarriages while others died upon hearing of the killing of their relatives.

She said notices had been served on the police in terms of section 3 of the Institution of Legal Proceedings Against Certain Organs of State Act.

The Act requires payment to be made by the police within 30 days of receiving the claim, failing which Seri would institute court proceedings against the police.

On August 16 last year, 34 striking mineworkers were shot dead and 78 were injured when the police opened fire, allegedly while trying to disperse a group which had gathered on a hill near the Lonmin Marikana Mine outside Rustenburg.

Ten people, including two police officers and two security guards, were killed near the mine in the preceding week.

The Farlam Commission is holding hearings in Rustenburg, as part of its inquiry into the 44 deaths during the unprotected strike at Lonmin's Marikana mine.

Zondo hoped the Marikana Commission of Inquiry would make some important findings about what exactly happened on August 16 and in the days leading up to it.

"However, our clients believe that the SA Police Service [SAPS] used disproportionate force at Marikana that was unlawful, and that this use of force resulted in the deaths of their loved ones," she said.

"They are accordingly entitled to reparations for the loss of support and general damages incurred as a result of the killings."

Source : Sapa /mm/tk/ks/mjs
Date : 01 Mar 2013 09:44
 

daveza

Honorary Master
Joined
Apr 5, 2004
Messages
47,671
Bugger off - armed thugs don't get compensation.

Now the police should sue the families of the miners regarding the police who were hacked to death.
 
Top