Massive cash injection for Cell C

blunt

Expert Member
great.. improve your network coverage and fix that god awful customer accounts section on your website

DrJohnZoidberg

Honorary Master
1. Infrastructure
2. Customer support training

^ Please spend all that money here.

Athos

Upgrade infrastructure and sort out your HSDPA. When my phone indicates that I have 3G but my internet is completely dead! there is nothing worse!

vhonani.m

Another bail out, they worse than Telkom!
Well its not like they are being bailed out by tax-payers money so i dont see the problem. Besides its not even a bail out since they where not having financial troubles. Its plain investment from its major shareholder.

Haldex

Expert Member
Well its not like they are being bailed out by tax-payers money so i dont see the problem. Besides its not even a bail out since they where not having financial troubles. Its plain investment from its major shareholder.
Its a bail out, another one, the fourth one since they went bankrupt around 2005 if I recall.
For the past 9 months they have been unable to sort out their network. Their building has been slow since they laid the foundation, retrenchments.
Its a bail out.

MickeyD

RIP
What taxpayer monies went to bail out Telkom? Link? Source?

cozinsky

Expert Member
I find Cell C's network very patchy. In some parts it works extremely well and it other parts you hardly get any data through (despite showing a 3g signal). Please use this money to fix this and you will have happy customers with more to join. This time the power is in YOUR HANDS.

Paul Hjul

Honorary Master
^ the poster before you said: "Another bail out, they worse than Telkom!"

Last edited by a moderator:

Marcan

Yep, people are confused here, SAA has received already more than R18 billion over the last 20 years in bailouts. And Government is assisting them with R70 Billion to purchase new, more fuel efficient aircrafts. Telkom might have had enormous government intervention, but no bail outs to my knowledge. Both should be fully privatised is my strong and often repeated opinion.
Hope fully Cell C can improve their network ASAP, until 5,6 months ago my HSDPA connection was still working well in this area, it has also totally collapsed. Slow speeds, DLs mostly around 0.2 to 0.8 Mbps nowadays and frequent disconnects.