Massive Cell C mobile data price cuts

Wall

Sports Addict
How long is the contract?

EDIT:24 months.

Last edited:

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
No real point paying for the data if you can't actually use it very often...

SykomantiS

Expert Member
The routers that you get on these contracts, do they have external antennas or would that be an additional expense, if they can even be used?

GreGorGy

BULLSFAN
If only the cell c signal at my house (a mere 500m from the tower) was usable. At present, 107dB is not sustainable!

kooldude

Expert Member
If only the cell c signal at my house (a mere 500m from the tower) was usable. At present, 107dB is not sustainable!
That is what I get as well. So this is basically useless to me. Never the less good prices from Cell C. Hope Vodacom can do some price adjustments as well.

CeeBee

Expert Member
really good looking pricing... can even be an ADSL replacement, if you use like 50Gb pm or so... IF of course, the network quality is good.. i havent tried Cell C for a few months, experience in the areas where i'd need to use it wasnt exactly great then.
if there is relatively constant >4Mbps speed, it could give ADSL a go if u fall in the sub 50Gb pm usage category.

currently ADSL line having crap, made worse by the crap Telkom service, so i wouldnt mind swopping...

but add a few % increase on those pricing and offer as prepaid... can u do that Cell-C?

Ockie

Resident Lead Bender
Been caught by Cell C and their great pricing move before, and then ending up wanting to throw my phone against the wall due to sh*t data and calls. Not falling for that again. My Telkom number being ported back to Vodacom on prepaid tonight (will use either the 79c tariff or Power Hour option if I need to make normal calls) and have just activated a 2gig contract on Vodacom to use in the second sim slop of my MEIZU to take care of my data needs on my phone.

alchamy

Expert Member
Does the coverage map work for anyone? I can get the map, but there's no coverage overlay or legend so I don't know if it's just a problem on my system. Have tried it on Safari and Firefox.

https://www.cellc.co.za/cellc/coverage-map
Box on the left of the address box, the little 3 line menu. It expands and you can select the stuff you are interested in.

Sadly Cell C does not even have 3g in my area.