Measuring Vox Yahclick usage

tniland

Hi all,

So, its unbelievable I know, but according to the Vox Customer Care centre they can't keep us notified of our data usage apart from sending us an unfiltered daily usage list which we'll need to drop into a spreadsheet and aggregate ourselves.

Can anyone recommend a tool I could download to achieve this? I simply want something I can refer to that tells me how much data has been upload/downloaded through my YahClick connection so that I can manage it proactively.

The Vox answer was an application that puts an icon on my desktop that will change colour when our limit is reached!!! :wtf:

Thanks...

Tyrone

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
Surely you can just drop the report's data into a Spreadsheet with a SUM formula that divides by 1 000 0000 (or 1 048 576) and spits out the total for you?

tniland

I could do that. I guess my bank could also send me my bank statement in html format without balancing it and expect me to drop it into a spreadsheet to do a reconciliation.

Its not that I don't know how to do it. I want a much more user friendly solution so that the people at the game farm where it is installed don't have to take unnecessary steps to work out how much they've used or how much they have left.

Shi

Expert Member
this is often the issue with new products in that the support is often lagging behind the sales.

I would suggest you pester them until they give you something or give you a commitment to build something for you. Bottom line is that this sort of this should be standard for these type of devices.

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
I could do that. I guess my bank could also send me my bank statement in html format without balancing it and expect me to drop it into a spreadsheet to do a reconciliation.

Its not that I don't know how to do it. I want a much more user friendly solution so that the people at the game farm where it is installed don't have to take unnecessary steps to work out how much they've used or how much they have left.

Silly question but is VOX in the business of selling directly to endusers or do they normally make use of Resellers only?

If they are generally a reseller only business then this makes some sense as they would simply send CDR's in raw format to their Resellers and it's up to them to invoice and rework it correctly for endusers.

Being in much the same business I can tell you that we do much the same thing, everyone is treated like a reseller even if you somehow slipped through the cracks to "deal direct" and it's up to you to make a plan.

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
I would suggest you pester them until they give you something or give you a commitment to build something for you. Bottom line is that this sort of this should be standard for these type of devices.

The industry standard is making use of raw CDR's which is what it sounds to me the OP is getting.

Precisely why we didn't even look at offering this kind of product because we knew it would be single-user once off setups and would end up with this kind of drama to support endusers with their dramas.

It's just not worth it.