Movie Mini-Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amazing Spider-man 2.... Is all I have for tonight

Should I ?
My favourite one of the lot. I put it off for ages but quite enjoyed it. Spideys motion in the air is really cool.
 
The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel

8.5/10

Awesome soundtrack, really nice feelgood story without a cheesy execution.
 
Sin City: A Dame to Kill For - 7.5/10

Not as well thought out as the original, and noticeably shorter. Due to this, I felt that the interlocking stories that are a hallmark of the franchise felt unnecessarily interwoven.

That being said- I enjoyed it. Not as a bastion of acting or scriptwriting, but a solid movie where the entire cast fit into the tone and mood. Eva Green's breasts were the stars, for sure ;)
 
Last edited:
Sin City: A Dame to Kill For - 7.5/10

Not as well thought out as the original, and noticeably shorter. Due to this, I felt that the interlocking stories that are a hallmark of the franchise felt unnecessarily interwoven.

That being said- I enjoyed it. Not as a bastion of acting or scriptwriting, but a solid movie where the entire cast fit into the tone and mood. Eva Green's breasts weer the stars, for sure ;)

Looking forward to watching this. Only showing in 3D around my parts, though. So probably going to wait, either for 2D release or the BluRay.
 
Best line of Memento?
Die Fantastiese Spinnekopman 2 was beter as enige van die ander....but still average....maybe I'm just done with these superhero flicks.... /shrugs

Having said that, Kaptein Amerika - Winter soldaat was heel aangenaam
 
Die Fantastiese Spinnekopman 2 was beter as enige van die ander....but still average....maybe I'm just done with these superhero flicks.... /shrugs

Having said that, Kaptein Amerika - Winter soldaat was heel aangenaam

dafuq
 
Godzilla (2014) 5/10

Cool monster movie. Human side story was so very lame. Liked the idea of it though.

I fell asleep watching it last night, will try again tonight.

Edit:
4/10

Meh, boring.
 
Last edited:
The One I Love - 7/10. Uses a Twilight Zone-ish supernatural premise for an examination of relationships. Felt like there was too little explanation and too much just-go-with-it-ness.
Chef - 7/10. Wouldn't say it was a great movie at all, but Jon Favreau is very watchable and the foodie photography slacker road-trip vibe makes you enjoy the movie despite its flaws.
 
Debbie does Dallas (orig) - 3/10

Older than old school, some fugly chicks, too much bush.

:D
 
Godzilla 8/10 - enjoyed it for what it was

The Prince 3/10 - eish Bruce, what kind

Blended 6/10 - it did produce some laughs, especially the Africa stuff
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X