jansdejager
Expert Member
Please don't even mention Sucker Punch.![]()
C'mon I heard of people who liked that movie.
South Africa’s biggest forum. Discuss, discover, and connect with thousands of members.
Please don't even mention Sucker Punch.![]()
C'mon I heard of people who liked that movie.
Exactly.Apart from Snyder and maybe his mom?
Apart from Snyder and maybe his mom?
I did.
Would you like a Noddy badge?
Would you like an enema?
I watched Spy over the weekend. It was awful in most aspects but it was really funny in parts and it had a nice message. I reckon because the humour redeemed it from complete schlocky terribleness, it deserved a 6.5, maybe a 7.
I fully get the argument that you have to take a film for what it is, but a bad film with brainless action doesn't get off the hook on its score - the most you can say is, well if you don't care about quality, and just want to turn off your brain, you might enjoy it on that level.
I don't know much of Barry Ronge's stuff but I doubt he does. I rather think he judges slapstick comedies against other, great slapstick movies like Naked Gun or There's Something About Mary, and finds it comes up short by its own yardstick.
I would hope so.
I think Snyder had one. The result of which was Sucker Punch.
This.
FF is garbage. Enjoying garbage is your own prerogative, but let's not pretend it's not crud.
And Imran, are you saying Vin Diesel wasn't being serious when he said FF7 deserved an Oscar?![]()
And by the way, didn't you give Entourage a 7/10?![]()
Salò, or the 120 Days of Sodom (1975) 6.5/10
OMW! What the hell did I just watch? :wtf:
Ja, dit sal jou oorkom
I read the synopsis previously and I was nope-ing through the whole thing.
Imran isn't pretending those movies aren't crud. He's pointing out why they get enjoyed even though they are.
And by the way, didn't you give Entourage a 7/10?![]()
Entourage - 7/10.
Pretty fun watch. Exactly what you expect (and want) from an Entourage movie.
Imran isn't pretending those movies aren't crud. He's pointing out why they get enjoyed even though they are.
Randhir said:And by the way, didn't you give Entourage a 7/10?![]()
Well done!!
This is exactly my point. You have managed your expectations and judged it based on what it is meant to be. FF7 needs the same kind of treatment, its what you expect and want from a FF movie
This is exactly my point. You have managed your expectations and judged it based on what it is meant to be. FF7 needs the same kind of treatment, its what you expect and want from a FF movie
I did.