Movie Mini-Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pans Labyrinth 9.5/10. Old masterpiece revisited.

Oh yeah what a classic, I'd also like to revisit it. Some of the best monster designs in any movie.

Brooklyn - 7/10. Can't really say I'm enjoying it but it's good in an estrogeny kind of way
 
Last edited:
Brooklyn - 9

Saoirse Ronan well deserves her Oscar nomination for her performance in this tale of an an Irish immigrant torn between her old country and the new.

Jim Broadbent and Julie Walters are superb in supporting roles.
 
Room - 8

After five-year-old Jack and his mother escape from the enclosed surroundings that Jack has known his entire life, the boy makes a thrilling discovery.

The boy, Jacob Tremblay, was exceptional in this movie!

Overall, great feel-good movie, but being a crime movie addict, I would have loved a bit more background on how the situation began and evolved. This is probably a completely personal thing.
 
Room - 8

After five-year-old Jack and his mother escape from the enclosed surroundings that Jack has known his entire life, the boy makes a thrilling discovery.

The boy, Jacob Tremblay, was exceptional in this movie!

Overall, great feel-good movie, but being a crime movie addict, I would have loved a bit more background on how the situation began and evolved. This is probably a completely personal thing.

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/7937843-room
 
Began watching Amores Perros yesterday evening. Solid 9/10, just as good as I remembered from when it first came out.
 
Began watching Amores Perros yesterday evening. Solid 9/10, just as good as I remembered from when it first came out.

how harsh is the dog-fighting stuff? I've seen the other parts of the "trilogy" but avoided this one because of the dog-fighting scenes.
 
how harsh is the dog-fighting stuff? I've seen the other parts of the "trilogy" but avoided this one because of the dog-fighting scenes.

It's pretty rough to be honest, but.. well you don't actually see dogs being harmed, that happens offscreen. But there's a reason they preface the movie by saying that no animals were harmed in the making, because if you didn't know better you would swear that they'd just let the dogs loose and filmed what happened afterwards.
 
Spectre was kark. 3/10 Feels like they just shot some action in random parts of the world. Can't really see how the story was driving the locations etc....just a pain to watch.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X