faniebraai
RIP
Landmine Goes Click 5.5/10
Probably not bad for a low budget, but was actually schitish
Probably not bad for a low budget, but was actually schitish
South Africa’s biggest forum. Discuss, discover, and connect with thousands of members.
Pans Labyrinth 9.5/10. Old masterpiece revisited.
Also did a rewatch of a classic...Aliens blu-ray got dug out when some friends came over. Bill Paxton makes that movie more fun than a movie with the xenomorphs should be.
Pans Labyrinth 9.5/10. Old masterpiece revisited.
Naked (1993)
5/10
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0107653/?ref_=nm_flmg_dr_10
Directed by Mike Leigh.
A bleak unpleasant movie with a theme of sexual violence.
A real downer.
Not for me.
Room - 8
After five-year-old Jack and his mother escape from the enclosed surroundings that Jack has known his entire life, the boy makes a thrilling discovery.
The boy, Jacob Tremblay, was exceptional in this movie!
Overall, great feel-good movie, but being a crime movie addict, I would have loved a bit more background on how the situation began and evolved. This is probably a completely personal thing.
I must admit I am not much of a reader, but this type of story is incredibly interesting. Is the book THAT much better? Have you read it?
Cropsey (2010) - 8/10
True crime documentary, creepy as hell...highly-recommend.
Began watching Amores Perros yesterday evening. Solid 9/10, just as good as I remembered from when it first came out.
how harsh is the dog-fighting stuff? I've seen the other parts of the "trilogy" but avoided this one because of the dog-fighting scenes.