Movie Mini-Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Revenant 7.5/10

Good movie. Got a bit draggy at time for me.

Leo's performance was superb once again, although I'm not sure he is going to win it based on that. I personally think he's performance in Wall Street was better from an acting point of view.
 
The Revenant. 8.5/10

If you watched the rips that came out a while ago you cheated yourself. Possibly the most beautiful movie I've ever seen, and the sound design was amazing. Didn't think Sicario could be outdone for cinematography this year but The Revenant outstripped it by far.

That being said, Innaritu needs to be more disciplined with editing.

The acting was top notch, though if there was a choice for only one Oscar win for acting I think Tom Hardy deserves it more.
 
The Revenant. 8.5/10

If you watched the rips that came out a while ago you cheated yourself. Possibly the most beautiful movie I've ever seen, and the sound design was amazing. Didn't think Sicario could be outdone for cinematography this year but The Revenant outstripped it by far.

That being said, Innaritu needs to be more disciplined with editing.

The acting was top notch, though if there was a choice for only one Oscar win for acting I think Tom Hardy deserves it more.

Yeah, I agree with all of that. I'd say Hardy has a good shot, although he's up against Rylance, who was quite special.

The only 'Best Picture' nominee that I'm completely in the dark about is Trumbo.
 
Yeah, I agree with all of that. I'd say Hardy has a good shot, although he's up against Rylance, who was quite special.

The only 'Best Picture' nominee that I'm completely in the dark about is Trumbo.

Hardy is brilliant in this movie. If you want to see him at his absolute best, watch Peaky Blinders S02 in which he plays a truly psychotic Jewish bootlegger/gangster.
 
5 min shortfilm from Gareth Evans (The Raid).

In a time of civil war, a young warrior is given the task of delivering a treaty between two rival lords. During her journey through the woods however, she finds herself hunted by two assassins intent on intercepting her message of peace in a bid to maintain the fear, instability and violent rule of their leader.

[video=youtube;ZdrwseAC9Jw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdrwseAC9Jw[/video]
 
Yeah, I agree with all of that. I'd say Hardy has a good shot, although he's up against Rylance, who was quite special.

The only 'Best Picture' nominee that I'm completely in the dark about is Trumbo.

I've only seen Mad Max, Revenant and The Martian. Trumbo isn't up for Best Picture?

Have you seen the rest?
 
Mad Max > The Martian > Bridge of Spies > The Revenant
In my very humble opinion of course.
 
I actually don't give a schit about who wins what...

498.jpg
 
I'm quite keen for Room and The Big Short.

Haven't seen Brooklyn, Room and Spotlight yet of the Oscar noms.

Of the ones I have seen (Mad Max, The Revenant, The Martian, Bridge of Spies, The Big Short), I'd be happy if The Revenant got best picture. The others range from being a fun time to being watchable drama (looking at you, Bridge of Spies) but not really what I think of when I think best picture.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X