Movie Mini-Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thirty one thoughts I just had while watching The Last Witch Hunter

Vin Diesel IS Ragnar Lothbrok
Vin Diesel IS Azor Ahai
Hey, that looks like my ex!
Alfred Pennyworth? You’re in the wrong movie buddy
Frodo Baggins? You’re in the wrong movie too
Aston Martin? Vin Diesel IS James Bond
Alfred needs better housekeeping
Dementors were here, who’s guarding Azkaban?
Do NOT eat the cakes!
Oh, Jelly Babies!
Ooooooooh, Jelly Babies
You stay riiiiight there henchman
Oh, The Ministry of Magic
Oh, The DaVinci Code
Oh, Rose Leslie!
One MILLION Dollars
Haven’t trusted Cherries since Witches Of Eastwick… Coincidence?
Vin Diesel IS Bran Stark
Wannabe Hagrid is the bad guy!?
Vin Diesel IS strangling Rose Leslie
Rose Leslie interlude… I’m okay with this
You’d think Witch Fashion Week would be more Gothic
Smoke in the face? Vin Diesel IS Inspector Clouseau
Deux ex Rose Leslie
Rose Leslie IN Inception
A sword? Really?
Rose Leslie IN Inception… Again
It’s my ex… Again!
Vin Diesel IS Azor Ahai… AGAIN!
We’re going to need some Doom… Nevermind
Shoulda watched something else, anything else, but Rose Leslie, I wish I knew how to quit you
 
Last edited:
Upstream Color - 8/10. The second film from Primer director Shane Carruth. Equally cryptic and oblique, but in other ways very different from his debut. Body horror sci-fi love story about 2 people who become infected by the same mind control worm and then psychically bonded to pigs. It's best to let it flow past you and then get on the internet afterwards to figure out what happened. I loved it but my wife switched off.
 
Yeah, I suppose it's partly because I know the story so well, and it's sometimes difficult to follow, because they use the original text as dialogue.

I find it hard to understand Marion Cotillard normally...can't imagine it gets easier when she's spouting ye olde English.

Will leave the subtitles on when I watch.
 
The Walk. 8/10. Has a comical narrative style which is distracting but visually this is the movie to test your 3d and hd.
Reports of vertigo sufferers vomiting during screenings will attest to that.
 
Last night was too hot for anything cerebral so we decided to watch something light and ....chilled.

Frozen - 9/10

Not a word I like to use but this was awesome.

Top marks go to Olaf the snowman - Frozen's nod to Sid the sloth.

Highlight of the movie - Olaf's Summer Song.

A drink in my hand, my snow up against the burning sand
Prob'ly getting gorgeously tanned in summer.
 
Last night was too hot for anything cerebral so we decided to watch something light and ....chilled.

Frozen - 9/10

Not a word I like to use but this was awesome.

Top marks go to Olaf the snowman - Frozen's nod to Sid the sloth.

Highlight of the movie - Olaf's Summer Song.

A drink in my hand, my snow up against the burning sand
Prob'ly getting gorgeously tanned in summer.

You don't have kids, do you?
 
I do but they are both over 25.

Yea I have a hard time seeing anyone with smaller kids having not seen Frozen yet.... sooooo many times. Just so so so many times. It is a good movie, but I still think Tangled holds up a lot better.
 
Upstream Color - 8/10. The second film from Primer director Shane Carruth. Equally cryptic and oblique, but in other ways very different from his debut. Body horror sci-fi love story about 2 people who become infected by the same mind control worm and then psychically bonded to pigs. It's best to let it flow past you and then get on the internet afterwards to figure out what happened. I loved it but my wife switched off.

Enjoyed this.
 
The Others. 8/10. Was looking for a good old fashioned ghost story and this movie delivered.
Nicole Kidman is an underrated actress and would get the same praise as Cate Blanchett if she chose better roles.
 
The Others. 8/10. Was looking for a good old fashioned ghost story and this movie delivered.
Nicole Kidman is an underrated actress and would get the same praise as Cate Blanchett if she chose better roles.

Yeah this one was great. I thought the children also gave great performances.
 
Hateful Eight (2016) - 4/10

You have to be a REAL Tarantino fan to enjoy it. It is long, drawn out and for the most part a snoozefest. The most exciting part is them closing that damn door over and over again.

Maybe I saw it too soon after The Revenant but I am so over these snow storm howling wind scenes. Blegh.
 
The Others. 8/10. Was looking for a good old fashioned ghost story and this movie delivered.
Nicole Kidman is an underrated actress and would get the same praise as Cate Blanchett if she chose better roles.
The Others is a fantastic ghost scary movie. Watched it again a couple of mo ths back and had cold chills running down my spine while knowing the story quite well :D
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X