MTN Black Friday Discussions

wizardofid

Executive Member
I give up, it was suppose to be a full month's allocation, and they pro rata it.The did explain the system automatically pro rata and needs to be manually adjusted.Whether or not they going to manually adjust the data remains to be seen.

> Thank you for emailing Customer Care.
> Apologies for the delayed response and for any inconvenience caused.
>
> Kindly be advised that your promo 10G night express was activated today and
> you were provisioned with pro rata of the 10G and only 5.3G.
> Please do not hesitate to contact us should you require further assistance.

Speedster

Honorary Master
I give up, it was suppose to be a full month's allocation, and they pro rata it.The did explain the system automatically pro rata and needs to be manually adjusted.Whether or not they going to manually adjust the data remains to be seen.
Why should they give you the full month's allocation?

wizardofid

Executive Member
Why should they give you the full month's allocation?

Signed up on the 9th, every thing done on the same day as well as the pro rata allocation, the 12th is a new cycle.... so I am entitled to a full month's data, received the full anytime data.

Last edited:

ebendl

Expert Member
After an hour and 15min, SUCCESS, Thanks to this Forum for the info, Much Appreciated guys

Glad i could help, even if I didn’t even get the deal :(

Might phone retentions a bit tomorrow and see if they’re willing to give me the promo data.

borjah

Ps datashare does not work if dual sim is enabled.

I'm actually going to cancel my 2016 bf dual sim so that I can share data with SO
Yeah I don't need data share the second sim is in a tablet or I use it in mifi modem as fibre back up, so only ever in two devices.

NicholasDK

Still @ the MTN store, it’s now past 7PM, they closed at 6. Been in the store from early this morning switching to a Business account and transfering 6x BF2016 numbers. Hats off to the staff, they have been extremly helpful. Its beyond ridiculous that MTN offer Business deals with no realibale way to take advantage of the deals! Out of the 4 days the deals was available the call centre was only open for two of those four days! I’m pretty sure we’re not the only pissed off business at this stage.

CUDlybunny

Expert Member
Still @ the MTN store, it’s now past 7PM, they closed at 6. Been in the store from early this morning switching to a Business account and transfering 6x BF2016 numbers. Hats off to the staff, they have been extremly helpful. Its beyond ridiculous that MTN offer Business deals with no realibale way to take advantage of the deals! Out of the 4 days the deals was available the call centre was only open for two of those four days! I’m pretty sure we’re not the only pissed off business at this stage.
Except they're available for quite a while still...

Shellyb1

Expert Member
you get 1gig facebook 1gig twitter 1gig whatsapp, 3gig music streaming(deezer/simify), 3gig youtube and 5gig video stream (dstvnow/showmax)

Does Netflix come from this streaming data too? And the same for Apple music on the music streaming?

akescpt

Honorary Master
So consultant confirmed datashare possible on basic data and not night express and promo data. Happy happy. Now to wait for my data. The struggle is real.

airborne

Honorary Master
So consultant confirmed datashare possible on basic data and not night express and promo data. Happy happy. Now to wait for my data. The struggle is real.
Where do you go on the Mtn dashboard to enable Datashare?

sand_man

Honorary Master
He advised he can’t do it but can enable through customer care. But it would be amazing if it can be done through the app.
There is an option to but it doesn't work...
AFAIK data share can only be provisioned via mtn

403edadfbc0bad40b24df7cc4158b0ef.jpg
896e1c451bf8d57e26d0264f7f23bd61.jpg
7e67701217bf457ea6b06fff318d43cc.jpg

wizardofid

Executive Member
Does Netflix come from this streaming data too? And the same for Apple music on the music streaming?
No only deezer simify Africa showmax and dstv now, used both dstv now and deezer and data is being deducted correctly.