MTN Black Friday Discussions

wizardofid

Executive Member
@wizardofid I've had reasonable luck with the usual channels before it's just why can't they get these things right. Sounds like a legacy system they using that needs to be prodded and nudged to get working they need to change the way there data allocation and usage system works.

Well I have had problems since day 1, the only thing that went smooth, is they delivered my phone just now.Complete opposite from my previous contract.Their system can't handle promotional data correctly.

Bunta

MTN BF deals were ..meh,
MTN Business deals were, MEH.
So got a Retentions R99 sim only deal and these:
2xR199 plus an Huawei Y7 for R100 extra
1xR299 plus Galaxy S9 fro R500 extra.

View attachment 583788
Screenshot_20181123-203408_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20181123-203255_Chrome.jpg

wizardofid

Executive Member
@wizardofid I've had reasonable luck with the usual channels before it's just why can't they get these things right. Sounds like a legacy system they using that needs to be prodded and nudged to get working they need to change the way there data allocation and usage system works.

So I fired off a quick email to the guy that has been helping me, and asked what happens in the event of incorrect depletion and what can be done about it. Will revert back, when he replies.

Rizik

20GB + 20Gb for R99

I upgraded yesterday to this deal yesterday afternoon for R149. When i saw on the forum that people were getting this deal for R99 i emailed the consultant (Tracy) and asked her about it. She said that there are a lot of "bogus" deals going around and that my deal is correct. :unsure:

shamalh108

No call from retentions yet, even though was promised a call. Anyone that was promised a call back from them hear anything?

Archie1

I upgraded yesterday to this deal yesterday afternoon for R149. When i saw on the forum that people were getting this deal for R99 i emailed the consultant (Tracy) and asked her about it. She said that there are a lot of "bogus" deals going around and that my deal is correct. :unsure:
Is Tracy from retentions or the store? This is only a retentions deal apparently.

werfie

Expert Member
Just upgraded to the R99 deal, the consultant said that only his department (Retentions) knows about this deal, stores and CS don't know about it.

Rizik

She's from retentions. We were conversing over email. Not sure if store staff have access to email?

Ok so i tried to get through to the retentions department and got through to Accounts. I was told that Tracy was in fact from the Sales department. I am trying to get through to the retentions department but no luck.

Archie1

Ok so i tried to get through to the retentions department and got through to Accounts. I was told that Tracy was in fact from the Sales department. I am trying to get through to the retentions department but no luck.
You should have a 10 day cooling down period from the original upgrade. Keep on trying retentions.