MTN Black Friday Discussions

Speedster

Honorary Master
In the end she could not break my determination for a R99 deal. I told her to reverse it, she did not appear happy in her email lol. Spoke to an amazing gentleman at Retentions who assisted me and was able to provide me with the same deal for R99. Happiness!:D
I'll attempt this project tomorrow

Rizik

I'll attempt this project tomorrow

Do it! You dont pay for the call so do what i did, put in your hands free and go about your daily business listening to the smooth jazz sounds lol.

And it may sound like too much admin for only a R50pm saving, but we are the client and should get the best deal that is available to us. Extra R50 for petrol lol

CUDlybunny

Expert Member
Yeah my argument with them was that they're downgrading us from the previous bf deals.
Do it! You dont pay for the call so do what i did, put in your hands free and go about your daily business listening to the smooth jazz sounds lol.

And it may sound like too much admin for only a R50pm saving, but we are the client and should get the best deal that is available to us. Extra R50 for petrol lol

This_isKat

Download the app so that you can see what those balances are made up of. On a side note, are those balances too low? o_O lol

Lol - I find the balances too high. Given that I am only entitled to 50GB, 300 all network minutes and 1000 MTN-to-MTN minutes.

This_isKat

What’s the 399 deal? It looks like they are adding some free data as promotion now. I too received 2.5gb extra on my full months allocation on 99 plan

It includes 50GB, 300 all network minutes, 1000 MTN-to-MTN minutes and of course 5000 (useless) smses

airborne

Honorary Master
I have the 60gb day and 60gb night and I’m unable to data share which is BS. I’m supposed to data share the non promo data
Guys I have the 60 + 60 gig deal for 299. What's the final verdict on data sharing with this contract?
Good day Sir/Madam,

Thank you for emailing Customer Care.

Please note that the data share is not available for Made for Me packages as per terms and conditions.

https://www.mtn.co.za/Pages/termsandconditions.aspx?pageId=824

4 Terms and Conditions

4.1.5 Data Share shall NOT be allowed on these plans.

I got that response when I emailed them about my data share not working.
I'll be so bummed if Datashare is not possibly, according to some guys it is so I'm hoping it's the typical clueless operator story and it can be enabled, somehow.

shamalh108

For retentions guys who called for the 199/299 deal on Friday, apparently they've received an email saying they'll have a resolution tomorrow. If they don't respond on it tomorrow I'm just going to get the R99/20gb deal

airborne

Honorary Master
I'll be so bummed if Datashare is not possibly, according to some guys it is so I'm hoping it's the typical clueless operator story and it can be enabled, somehow.
Looked at the contract for my R299 30+30gb deal and its an Mtn Choice contract so hopefully good for Datashare.

If I want to test setting it up how do I enable Datashare and add numbers, someone mentioned I can do that via ussd?

ele33

Expert Member
Has it been confirmed that you receive the same amount of data on the R99 and the R149 contracts (20gb + 20gb)?

Leisure Larry

Looked at the contract for my R299 30+30gb deal and its an Mtn Choice contract so hopefully good for Datashare.

If I want to test setting it up how do I enable Datashare and add numbers, someone mentioned I can do that via ussd?

Call customer care to enable Datashare. Then add numbers from the MTN app

uzairb

I had spoken to Retentions on Friday for the 40+40gb and 600min @ R199 for two lines, and the 20+20gb @ R99 for one line after the price increase.
Called yesterday to follow up, they say no feedback.

Received sms’s today on all three lines saying they have been successfully upgraded
Called Retentions and complained because i still don’t know what is happening. They say they don’t know why the lines were upgraded without consent and will look into it.

Supervisor at Retentions say they should get feedback on the R199 deal between tomorrow and Thursday.
The R99 deal is still available via Retentions.
Was on the line with Retentions for close to 90 minutes today.

Hoping for positive feedback tomorrow.

citizensa

I had spoken to Retentions on Friday for the 40+40gb and 600min @ R199 for two lines, and the 20+20gb @ R99 for one line after the price increase.
Called yesterday to follow up, they say no feedback.

Received sms’s today on all three lines saying they have been successfully upgraded
Called Retentions and complained because i still don’t know what is happening. They say they don’t know why the lines were upgraded without consent and will look into it.

Supervisor at Retentions say they should get feedback on the R199 deal between tomorrow and Thursday.
The R99 deal is still available via Retentions.
Was on the line with Retentions for close to 90 minutes today.

Hoping for positive feedback tomorrow.

Can’t you check which plan they upgrade you to. Use MTN app you should be able to see your new plan details