MTN Black Friday Discussions

CUDlybunny

Expert Member
So how is patience rewarding you so far ? You were quite vocal about having patience.Do feel sorry for you, the guys that upgraded have new issues to deal with

If I was more patient I would have gone direct with retentions to begin with and not have to reverse my deal.

Also the upgrade I did for R149 went through smoothly Friday morning, I can see my night bundle but I haven't used any data yet as it looks like I'm still using last month's 50gb.

Last edited:

wizardofid

Executive Member
or post the email address here

we all in it to win it

These are senior management email addresses, do you really want every dick tom and harry to email them for every minor complaint, eventually they just end up changing the email address to reroute somewhere else in the food chain and putting you back at square one.

I did lots of effort to get a hold of the addresses and I respect the guys that emailed have privacy they don't exclusively deal with just your complaints either nor is it intended to skip proper channels and protocols.You are still required to log a call with normal support get an escalation number, if the problem doesn't get resolved escalate up the food chain.

So pm me only if you reported through normal channels and got a escalation number and got nowhere, it is group management email addresses, so it shouldn't be abused.Don't like my approach, of respecting the life line given, go fend for your self and see how far you get, it's rather mean, and selfish, personally I don't want have to resort going back to only low level support because their has been abuse, and no longer have access to higher up support.

FlashSA

Executive Member
2 1/2 weeks on, my 1 upgraded sim is still on the 2016 Talk+ package with no new data benefits. MTN store consultant has now submitted a 2nd escalation as to WTF the sim is not on MTN CHOICE 30 BF which is what I signed for.

Jeez they are useless!

I.am.Sam

Honorary Master
These are senior management email addresses, do you really want every dick tom and harry to email them for every minor complaint, eventually they just end up changing the email address to reroute somewhere else in the food chain and putting you back at square one.

I did lots of effort to get a hold of the addresses and I respect the guys that emailed have privacy they don't exclusively deal with just your complaints either nor is it intended to skip proper channels and protocols.You are still required to log a call with normal support get an escalation number, if the problem doesn't get resolved escalate up the food chain.

So pm me only if you reported through normal channels and got a escalation number and got nowhere, it is group management email addresses, so it shouldn't be abused.Don't like my approach, of respecting the life line given, go fend for your self and see how far you get, it's rather mean, and selfish, personally I don't want have to resort going back to only low level support because their has been abuse, and no longer have access to higher up support.

Thanks will PM once i have any ticket number or something

sand_man

Honorary Master
I can't help but feel a bit aggrieved my self. Signed up for the R149 20gb package which some are getting @R99. Tried to sign up for the R299 500min, 40gb, 100sms deal but spent 2 hours holding, got through at 3.15pm only to be told the offer expired at 3pm!!

These chumps offer various packages on a whim or what? Does one have to say the word cancel before the sweeter packages are offered?

I.am.Sam

Honorary Master
But did your night data get sorted @wizardofid

and only reason why i say post here cause many have the same issue and if they can fix one they can fix all at once rather

I.am.Sam

Honorary Master
I can't help but feel a bit aggrieved my self. Signed up for the R149 20gb package which some are getting @R99. Tried to sign up for the R299 500min, 40gb, 100sms deal but spent 2 hours holding, got through at 3.15pm only to be told the offer expired at 3pm!!

These chumps offer various packages on a whim or what? Does one have to say the word cancel before the sweeter packages are offered?

Seems like it

you need to threaten them with options before they budge

CUDlybunny

Expert Member
Seems like it

you need to threaten them with options before they budge
You could end up with a cancelled deal and nothing else, that's what it looks like what's gonna happen with me. Time will tell if retentions will offer me the deal or not but if they don't I have no issue with leaving based on principle. Offering people different deals is very deceiving.

wizardofid

Executive Member
But did your night data get sorted @wizardofid

and only reason why i say post here cause many have the same issue and if they can fix one they can fix all at once rather
My missing night data has been fixed needs to be manually adjusted, however they requested data logs from support to be able to manually adjust, low level support are the ones holding up management for a change.

As for the night express depletion, I reported the matter directly to the rapid response team member as a network issue instead of isolated indecent. So waiting for feedback on that. ;) So I did report it directly as a whole for the community.

JOOS

Does one have to say the word cancel before the sweeter packages are offered?
Yes. It seems like the original R199 retentions deal was their last resort. Meant to be offered to those customers that weren't happy with their personalised deals and threatened to cancel. That deal went viral and thats when all the confusion started..

I.am.Sam

Honorary Master
My missing night data has been fixed needs to be manually adjusted, however they requested data logs from support to be able to manually adjust, low level support are the ones holding up management for a change.

As for the night express depletion, I reported the matter directly to the rapid response team member as a network issue instead of isolated indecent. So waiting for feedback on that. ;) So I did report it directly as a whole for the community.

haha hopefully it gets sorted quick and not after the cool down period

Dean01

Yes. It seems like the original R199 retentions deal was their last resort. Meant to be offered to those customers that weren't happy with their personalised deals and threatened to cancel. That deal went viral and thats when all the confusion started..
So I got offered this deal..and then when they called me back to upgrade they said it's now R299. I insisted on R199 based on the initial offer. They just upgraded me now to the R199 deal. Sorted for the next two years. Moral : always upgrade through retentions.

rog163

So I got offered this deal..and then when they called me back to upgrade they said it's now R299. I insisted on R199 based on the initial offer. They just upgraded me now to the R199 deal. Sorted for the next two years. Moral : always upgrade through retentions.

What do you get for the R199?

CUDlybunny

Expert Member
When did you get this done?

Sayf777

Expert Member

Is your data showing on the my MTN app?

Leisure Larry

I called retentions today and they said they could only offer me these deals below as all other deals @ retentions have been pulled off the system.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181128-111001__01.jpg
    Screenshot_20181128-111001__01.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 93