MTN Black Friday Discussions

Room112

2 1/2 weeks on, my 1 upgraded sim is still on the 2016 Talk+ package with no new data benefits. MTN store consultant has now submitted a 2nd escalation as to WTF the sim is not on MTN CHOICE 30 BF which is what I signed for.

Jeez they are useless!
On the personalized offer email, they mentioned ut it being loaded monthly on tge 1st.

Sayf777

Expert Member
These are my data allocations, I took the 100 + 100 for R469, can already see they did not allocate the additional promotional 50gb day and night. Still got the balance of my original bf deal as well. They only allocated the non promotional 50gb day and night.

Then there is an additional bundle expiring in December for entertainment ticket???
2f6789366007070d092b65efc4e7e290.jpg
Ah good, it seems our contracts are in order then. The promo promo (bf) are still to be loaded.

Leisure Larry

It seems that Retentions are capturing the guys at R299. Those who called on Friday just after the deal was increased to R349 and if you had been added to the spreadsheet and have a reference number.
(Not confirmed) I gathered this while speaking to the consultants.

Reboot you handset and you should see the upgrade in the MyMTN app

On Friday @ 16:30 consultant said I'm on the spreadsheet but didn't provide a reference. Today retentions says no records of me calling in on Friday.

Leisure Larry

...... and here is another bungle up :
One of my BF 2016 contracts according to me is due for upgrade. According to MTN App it’s due. Called in today, both retentions and upgrades claim that the number is only due for upgrade next year (2019)

shamalh108

Saw the same happen for two sims, just switch off the sim (flight mode) and back on. Should've worked?

Still no signal for me, restarted the phone multiple times. Called MTN customer service now, they say the upgrade is still showing as pending and can take up to 24 hours but it should go through sooner. Quite annoying, literally no calls or data, only sms.

shamalh108

It seems that Retentions are capturing the guys at R299. Those who called on Friday just after the deal was increased to R349 and if you had been added to the spreadsheet and have a reference number.
(Not confirmed) I gathered this while speaking to the consultants.

Reboot you handset and you should see the upgrade in the MyMTN app

Pretty much the same conclusion I've come to. Though the consultant literally told me, they're doing it now because they don't know if the policy will change tomorrow.

shamalh108

For the people who got the retention deal, does the minutes show in your active subscriptions? I can see the day and night data, however i dont see the 500minutes.

uzairb

Received an MTN Welcome Pack today via email. Some details regarding the Entertainment Pass in the pack.

2a06f31bad0265c60f9e224dfa6f763d.jpg

wizardofid

Executive Member
@wizardofid get any feedback on the night express issue ? I haven't got any response to my email that I sent two days ago or on Twitter.

Still waiting for a reply my self.Should get a reply today, otherwise I will fire of an another email this afternoon and cc the various managers and the CEO.As it seems dust that was kicked up settled, they still haven't fixed my missing night express correctly either.The other emails I have on hand are direct to various managers, obliviously I won't be giving those out, nothing prohibits me from cc'ing you on the next email.Send me your email address in fact any one wanting to be cc'd with regards to night express being incorrectly depleted, send me your email address, escalation number and number affected, name and surname, package you signed up for and I will cc you to the email, once you send an email directly things start happening quickly.

Stevewarren

I haven't got any escalation number yet for the night express usage problem yet. When I called 135 yesterday the consultants were useless they wouldn't even admit to there being a problem and the emails haven't got no response.

mh348

Expert Member
Does anyone have any contacts (direct email addresses) at MTN SME Telesales?

I've been trying to do another upgrade on a Business line since Monday, but can't get hold of them. I did 2 contracts at the MTN store and a 3rd line that first needed to be transferred from Consumer to Business which the store said would take 4-5 days to first transfer, so couldn't give me the BF Business deal.

I tried calling the SMS Telesales, no answer, then emailed them & also filled in the form on their website on Monday while the deal was still active. I've emailed again since then and tried calling several times but always get cut off with an automated "Good Bye" at 6min & 15 seconds into the call.

wizardofid

Executive Member
I haven't got any escalation number yet for the night express usage problem yet. When I called 135 yesterday the consultants were useless they wouldn't even admit to there being a problem and the emails haven't got no response.

Useless, unless you kick up a fuss nothing happens. Well then lets kick ass and take names......