MTN Black Friday Discussions

akescpt

Honorary Master
I agree. I upgraded to the R149 deal. Trying to decide to fight to change to either the R99 or R199 deal

The difference between the 149 and the 199 is just ridiculous. The only difference was where you upgraded. Should we all have threatened to cancel? This is the behavior they are bringing us to.

Leisure Larry

Yes today. But remember it was offered at a time when the price was still R199. Hence I had a leg to stand on when demanding that price.

i was offered when it was R299
insisted on name of person or reference, but didn't get any.
and now retentions wants the above.

shamalh108

Success! Have the retentions made for me M 299 deal, used my reference number and person from Friday and they busy capturing now. If you waiting for them to call you, rather call them and use your reference. The policy seems to be changing all the time so its best you sort it out today while they can.

JOOS

Success! Have the retentions made for me M 299 deal, used my reference number and person from Friday and they busy capturing now. If you waiting for them to call you, rather call them and use your reference. The policy seems to be changing all the time so its best you sort it out today while they can.
Did you get it at 299 or 199?

Inzaghi007

Friday I called and upgraded to that R299 deal with 40+40 and 600min. When I called today, they had no record of this upgrade and what made matter worse, I never had a reference or name of the agent.

Anyway I told them look at the call logs for that day, the proof is all there. Now I received an sms saying: "Your MTN application for an Upgrade has been approved and upgraded"

Really not sure what they've given me since the mtn app is not showing any changes.

shamalh108

Friday I called and upgraded to that R299 deal with 40+40 and 600min. When I called today, they had no record of this upgrade and what made matter worse, I never had a reference or name of the agent.

Anyway I told them look at the call logs for that day, the proof is all there. Now I received an sms saying: "Your MTN application for an Upgrade has been approved and upgraded"

Really not sure what they've given me since the mtn app is not showing any changes.
Pretty much the same as me, except my MTN App now says Made for me M and my data seems to have been topped up. Lets hope it all works out, I'm worried as I dont see any subscriptions for additional minutes, which for me was the whole point of the retentions deal. To top it off, seems like my sim is now in some inactivity mode, only 3G signal, no mobile data and no calls going in or out.

Sayf777

Expert Member

You'll have the remaining of your previous BF + 2.5GB Promo for any upgrade(if I'm not mistaken) + 20GB Entertainment loaded after a bit. I also got a recurring 10GB after a while.

A bit confusing but we were only loaded pro rata the made for me and then on 12th we'll get the full promo bundles?

Sayf777

Expert Member
Pretty much the same as me, except my MTN App now says Made for me M and my data seems to have been topped up. Lets hope it all works out, I'm worried as I dont see any subscriptions for additional minutes, which for me was the whole point of the retentions deal. To top it off, seems like my sim is now in some inactivity mode, only 3G signal, no mobile data and no calls going in or out.
Saw the same happen for two sims, just switch off the sim (flight mode) and back on. Should've worked?

uzairb

It seems that Retentions are capturing the guys at R299. Those who called on Friday just after the deal was increased to R349 and if you had been added to the spreadsheet and have a reference number.
(Not confirmed) I gathered this while speaking to the consultants.

Reboot you handset and you should see the upgrade in the MyMTN app

Inzaghi007

Thanks man. The bundles have come through.

I get topped up around the 12th so it seems I'm halfway through. They've given the 10gb +2.5gb and around 75min. Am I missing something but the other 10gb promo is missing and I'm not referring to the night data which is also not showing.
You'll have the remaining of your previous BF + 2.5GB Promo for any upgrade(if I'm not mistaken) + 20GB Entertainment loaded after a bit. I also got a recurring 10GB after a while.

A bit confusing but we were only loaded pro rata the made for me and then on 12th we'll get the full promo bundles?

Sayf777

Expert Member
Thanks man. The bundles have come through.

I get topped up around the 12th so it seems I'm halfway through. They've given the 10gb +2.5gb and around 75min. Am I missing something but the other 10gb promo is missing and I'm not referring to the night data which is also not showing.
I dont have any night time data as well.
I guess we really going to have to wait till the 12th?

Lostboy

These are my data allocations, I took the 100 + 100 for R469, can already see they did not allocate the additional promotional 50gb day and night. Still got the balance of my original bf deal as well. They only allocated the non promotional 50gb day and night.

Then there is an additional bundle expiring in December for entertainment ticket???
2f6789366007070d092b65efc4e7e290.jpg