MTN Black Friday Discussions

rutger25

Have you guys already received your promotional data? I've upgraded my contract on Saturday, I'm still waiting...
I’m also still waiting for the promo data. The 30 day and 30 night has been loaded but not the promo 30+30. Upgraded on Thursday to the R299 package.

I.am.Sam

Honorary Master
what time is night data

my night data is being used at all i was up at 530 and browsed and updated fifa but the night data didnt budge

akescpt

Honorary Master
what time is night data

my night data is being used at all i was up at 530 and browsed and updated fifa but the night data didnt budge

This is what others are reporting as well. It’s running from the day balance.

wizardofid

Executive Member
This is what others are reporting as well. It’s running from the day balance.

Tried again this morning at 5 night express still isn't being depleted, so just did my usual browsing, I am patient have a couple of steam updates I would like to do.

Stevewarren

Tried again this morning at 5 night express still isn't being depleted, so just did my usual browsing, I am patient have a couple of steam updates I would like to do.
I just got off the phone with them and it was a total disaster they didn't have a clue of what I was talking about. I sent an email yesterday morning still haven't heard back from them so decided to call. I wonder if its taking of some promo data before the night express data? I got some promo bundle of 30GB when I upgraded. The call centre guys were absolutely useless this time.

wizardofid

Executive Member
I just got off the phone with them and it was a total disaster they didn't have a clue of what I was talking about. I sent an email yesterday morning still haven't heard back from them so decided to call. I wonder if its taking of some promo data before the night express data? I got some promo bundle of 30GB when I upgraded. The call centre guys were absolutely useless this time.

Okay so it look like the issue is far more wide spread, I send off an email to the rapid response team member to ask whether or not there is a dedicated email address we can use just to deal with the night express data depletion, will revert back.

Stevewarren

The call centre guys said it will always take off the promo data first, if that's true whats the bloody point. Then I said well I'm supposed to get night express promo data also so it should take off that.

sand_man

Honorary Master
Lol, MTN.... thank fck one only has to go through this once every 2 years...

wizardofid

Executive Member
The call centre guys said it will always take off the promo data first, if that's true whats the bloody point. Then I said well I'm supposed to get night express promo data also so it should take off that.

No I got promo data as well and it was correctly deducted last week, I finished my promo data this week and it is depleting the recurring bundle now, instead of night express.I have another contract I got 6 months ago where the same thing has been happening and it doesn't have any promo data.

I.am.Sam

Honorary Master
Yeah furk I want to use night data for night stuff lol

downloads and updates will be done at night

Stevewarren

Lol, MTN.... thank fck one only has to go through this once every 2 years...
Tell me about it. I got some monster patches to download. There must be someone else we can call or email 135 guys are useless. I remember when activating my open APN that they were totally hopeless ended up calling there business division and got sorted in like 2 minutes.

@wizardofid I emailed them and tweeted them yesterday morning and have got no reply, I didn't even get the usual automated response saying they have received my email.

I.am.Sam

Honorary Master
Tell me about it. I got some monster patches to download. There must be someone else we can call or email 135 guys are useless. I remember when activating my open APN that they were totally hopeless ended up calling there business division and got sorted in like 2 minutes.

Yeah we need someone with the know how

since i think most of us are in this boat

i will tweet and FB them and see what they say

CUDlybunny

Expert Member
So after having spoken with mtn direct and retentions looks like my deal is being cancelled, retentions say their deals are no longer available so doesn't look like I'll be getting anything at this point. Let's see how this goes.

wizardofid

Executive Member
So after having spoken with mtn direct and retentions looks like my deal is being cancelled, retentions say their deals are no longer available so doesn't look like I'll be getting anything at this point. Let's see how this goes.

So how is patience rewarding you so far ? You were quite vocal about having patience.Do feel sorry for you, the guys that upgraded have new issues to deal with