MTN Black Friday Discussions

wizardofid

Executive Member

Lee31

While technically not a BF special you could get the Samsung J2 core and LG K9 for R129, R110.00 airtime. Got the LG K9 while a mid range phone I am quite happy with it. Works out to R465.00 for the phone.

In other news night express data is being correctly depleted for me.

When can the night express data be used?

uzairb

I had spoken to Retentions on Friday for the 40+40gb and 600min @ R199 for two lines, and the 20+20gb @ R99 for one line after the price increase.
Called yesterday to follow up, they say no feedback.

Received sms’s today on all three lines saying they have been successfully upgraded
Called Retentions and complained because i still don’t know what is happening. They say they don’t know why the lines were upgraded without consent and will look into it.

Supervisor at Retentions say they should get feedback on the R199 deal between tomorrow and Thursday.
The R99 deal is still available via Retentions.
Was on the line with Retentions for close to 90 minutes today.

Hoping for positive feedback tomorrow.

My lines were processed/renewed yesterday after approval was granted for the numbers captured on the spreadsheet by the consultants. Was worth the wait, now on the R199 deal.
Now to verify that the data and minutes etc allocated is correct...

Dean01

My lines were processed/renewed yesterday after approval was granted for the numbers captured on the spreadsheet by the consultants. Was worth the wait, now on the R199 deal.
Now to verify that the data and minutes etc allocated is correct...
Congrats man. I got the same deal.

What's the official minute allocation on this deal? Hearing mixed info some say split between on net vs off net. 500, 400 or 600 ?

Vis1/0N

Expert Member
So far it has used up only my Promotional data (about 8GB, received a SMS that my youtube Promo bundle has been used up). The 30GB carried over from my 2016 BF has not been touched. Nor the 14.31 Monthly bundle, nor the 2.50GB promo data that expires next week.

airborne

Honorary Master
Will the remaining minutes(the 200 base minutes) from the old BF contract roll over for a month?

What happens to BF contracts that you convert to prepaid, are all the minutes lost?

FlashSA

Executive Member
Will the remaining minutes(the 200 base minutes) from the old BF contract roll over for a month?

What happens to BF contracts that you convert to prepaid, are all the minutes lost?
My BF 2016 minutes are valid till the end of April 2019 on both sims which I upgraded recently

Sayf777

Expert Member
Did anyone get this one? Got the sms on Friday. Went to MTN store on Saturday. They say they cannot process in store despite sms. Retentions are closed for the weekend so how do I get this deal that expires on Sunday?
Shouldn't upgrades be able to process it?

The_Traveller

Expert Member
Did anyone get this one? Got the sms on Friday. Went to MTN store on Saturday. They say they cannot process in store despite sms. Retentions are closed for the weekend so how do I get this deal that expires on Sunday?
That’s odd. They should have helped with the application at least. I’m sure if you call tomorrow and explain you tried applying but was refused, they’ll give you some leeway

tchidakwa

What is going on about the promotional data component of the double data offers. Signed up for the MyMTNchoice 30GIG for R299 which should have 30 gig anytime and 30 gig night express plus (promotional 30 gig anytime and 30 gig night express) only received data excluding the promotional data. Anyone having the same problem?

Sayf777

Expert Member
What is going on about the promotional data component of the double data offers. Signed up for the MyMTNchoice 30GIG for R299 which should have 30 gig anytime and 30 gig night express plus (promotional 30 gig anytime and 30 gig night express) only received data excluding the promotional data. Anyone having the same problem?
Wait for the 12th for promotional bundles.