MTN Black Friday Discussions

sudzdogg

This deal looks good. My BF18 (60+60 @ R299) contract expires next week, might go for this one. But it would be nice with more data, something like 40GB (as I data share with my parents).

Slightly off-topic, is anyone using their YelloBucks Reward points? I managed to save up 2 years worth of points and redeemed it on Incredible Connection and fast food vouchers - total value of R1600. Quite nice actually. Thanks MTN.
Im not worried about data, I get great speeds with rain unlimited off peak. I can push 500gb in a month with rain

Duke of Hazard

This deal looks good. My BF18 (60+60 @ R299) contract expires next week, might go for this one. But it would be nice with more data, something like 40GB (as I data share with my parents).

Slightly off-topic, is anyone using their YelloBucks Reward points? I managed to save up 2 years worth of points and redeemed it on Incredible Connection and fast food vouchers - total value of R1600. Quite nice actually. Thanks MTN.
Were you able to use up more than 1 voucher per sale? ie. 2 x R50 IC Vouchers to make R100?

Going to splash out some of my points on that this time, normally use them to fill up on data and airtime

RVR

Expert Member
I'm waiting for sales to contact me, retentions couldn't help because i don't have a contract that needs an upgrade.

If all goes well, I'll have to just look around to get a cheap router

sand_man

Honorary Master
Well previously the non promotional data rolled over. So the question is how much is non promotional?
Yeah, non promotional data rolls over. Well, again the question we need to ask is which R499 data deal are the various sales reps punting cause Morris punted one to me and he was quite specific. 600gb total, 500gb anytime of which 100gb is shareable, therefore that implies the balance, 400gb is promotional. There is 100gb of night express data too.... to make up 600gb... so flipping confusing actually!! Just the way MTN like it!! I asked him for the offers in writing. He sent me screenshots instead....

r499 data deal.PNG

Primo

I took out my last contract on the 23th of November 2016.

Do I still have time to get a retention deal?

Call centre only opens again on Monday.

RVR

Expert Member
Coming from an uncapped account (telkom **** slow) i wonder if 500gigs is alot. Now I'll have to be more cautious if i get this.

Archie1

I took out my last contract on the 23th of November 2016.

Do I still have time to get a retention deal?

Call centre only opens again on Monday.
If you still have a contract then yes, you can contact them on Monday. Or did you cancel and are on prepaid now?

Primo

If you still have a contract then yes, you can contact them on Monday. Or did you cancel and are on prepaid now?
Didn't cancel. My bill for next month is stupid high as like most other people here.

Mike Hoxbig

Honorary Master
Just got another email with different offers.

I think they're going to keep releasing new offers. Probably why some of the consultants haven't heard about some of the deals posted here...

mozammil09

Anybody managed to find out if you can get the 150GB+150GB deal for R299 as a new customer or does it have to be an upgrade?

sand_man

Honorary Master
05adaa5d3ee3ad8f81d35adefc1246b6.jpg

Stevewarren

Yeah, non promotional data rolls over. Well, again the question we need to ask is which R499 data deal are the various sales reps punting cause Morris punted one to me and he was quite specific. 600gb total, 500gb anytime of which 100gb is shareable, therefore that implies the balance, 400gb is promotional. There is 100gb of night express data too.... to make up 600gb... so flipping confusing actually!! Just the way MTN like it!! I asked him for the offers in writing. He sent me screenshots instead....

View attachment 957077
You see this here makes me think it's 300 + 300 like I was told in the beginning.