MTN Black Friday Discussions

Lishen23

There's a switch on the MTN app (not the MyMTN just MTN), does nothing appear for youll when switching on the data share via the app?
It switches the datashare on and off, the problem is none of the data bundles allocated to the contract are provisioned/allowed for datashare, so it just says "You are sharing 0GB with etc etc"

airborne

Honorary Master
Im currently on the line with a lady from retentions and she confirmed with her superiors that we cannot datashare with this years BF deals.
Well the lady from retentions also confirmed with her superior that they do support datashare, they allways say something different but the fact remains contract was signed on the basis of datashare being part of the package.

Zedwhy123

Well the lady from retentions also confirmed with her superior that they do support datashare, they allways say something different but the fact remains contract was signed on the basis of datashare being part of the package.

These guys are useless.

They should be called MTN service LOSERS, not champions

airborne

Honorary Master
What is Mtns billing cycle?
I elected to pay on the 15th each month and upgraded on the 25th(last day of my old aR299 60gb + 60gb contract).
I was billed the old R299 today and January's bill is R499 + R264 Prorata amount.

Does that seem right?

ReeceDBN031

Expert Member
My bill for December is also incorrect. Should be R499 but is R881.57
My bill should be R499 plus R188.56 but is now R3001.25 ... don't have any idea what these guys are honestly doing.. it baffles my brain.

This time I'm going to reverse the debit eff that crap. I've sent an email everyday without a response!
Plus the lady who helped me before is on leave, and i still haven't gotten the correct refund back from last month.

Cos19

Please let us know too once you have an update, I called 135 and all the agent said was "that's all its saying on the system, I don't know more than what system is showing me" then they were gonna call the supervisor to check and line dropped. didn't feel like calling again. it seemed useless.
Still no feedback. But for some reason I just got an sms that added an extra 5GB of data to my package. It is not letting me share that either though.

MidnightZA

Expert Member
Apologies for the large image. Any smaller and it becomes hard to read

My tax invoice was emailed to me this morning. Contract amount is R259. Invoice is R360

MTN Made for Me XS (Pro Rata) is charged from 30-Nov to 11-Dec. That is the upgrade date to the billing date.
The next charge for MTN Made for Me XS is from 12-Dec to 11-Jan

Seems fine to me

photo_2020-12-15_13-49-48.jpg

sand_man

Honorary Master
My December bill is -R587.28... Previous balance due R2735.37, adjustments shows a credit R3909.36

azbob

Honorary Master
Shouldn't there be a prorata amount from when you started the contract in Nov?
When is there billing cycle?

There should be but in November I was charged the full amount of the previous contract (R299). I started the new contract on 19 November (R499). So even if it was pro-rata for the new contract, it doesn’t add up. My billing cycle is on the 12th with debit at month end.

akescpt

Honorary Master
Ok so the 5GB i got now was them testing to see if I would be able to share that data. Engineers are still working on a solution.

So that contract was designed not to have datashare. Damn.

azbob

Honorary Master
Pro rata ???

Do the maths for us.

Ok I’ve done the maths.

Old contract is R299 pm but was billed for the entire month instead of just from the 12th-19th.

Then for November I was also billed the new contract (R499) from 19/11-12/12.

Last edited:

airborne

Honorary Master
Do the maths for us.

Ok I’ve done the maths.

Old contract is R299 pm but was billed for the entire month instead of just from the 12th-19th.

Then for November I was also billed the new contract (R499) from 19/11-12/12.

I've worked it out I think, we got billed the full R299 because we got the full allocation for November, ie they can't retroactively prorata the data already allocated and then plus the prorata for the upgrade contract data.

Sucks, R299 for data that was barely used then another prorata amount for data that isn't really needed.

So November is the R299 and December is the R499 + Prorata amount which for you is around R350.

airborne

Honorary Master
I wonder if they charged some kind of upgrade fee which recall that tried to charge one year?