MTN sharing of bolt on data bundle (Dual SIM / Data SIM)

Ecco

Executive Member
I suspect that the confusion comes from asking for a clone. You cannot have two sim cards with the same number. Dual call is probably what you want.

Quattro!

lol speaking about clones :p

Chief...you are able to read but failing to answer my question. I already know Vodacom offer such SimCard.....My question is does MTN offer such Simcard?

I bought my MicroSim at MTN in Canal Walk and I was told is not possible to share data on my existing data contract with my MicroSim.

D3x!

Banned
Chief...you are able to read but failing to answer my question. I already know Vodacom offer such SimCard.....My question is does MTN offer such Simcard?

I bought my MicroSim at MTN in Canal Walk and I was told is not possible to share data on my existing data contract with my MicroSim.

chief you need to google :p

http://www.mtn.co.za/MTNSERVICES/CALLINGSERVICES/Pages/DualCall.aspx
http://www.mtn.co.za/AboutMTN/Press...2010/Pages/MTNunveilsmultipleSIMsolution.aspx

Quattro!

Thanks...Google helps....So MTN does offer it, but the MTN Consultant at Canal Walk(Upper level) and Some of their Call Center Agents are not aware of it .....

Since am in Pretoria I will go MTN this time around am going to demand it...I don't want hear stories that I must have a voice contract first....etc.

mayurh

Expert Member
guys can someone help
my brother has a data contract with mtn with a modem
he upgraded his contract and got a dual sim for that data contract ( so he can put one sim in his ipad)
now the new sim wont work.it gets signal, but cant connect?
took it back to mtn shop.everything is activated and it shud work.they gave him a sim swop on the new sim.but still its not working?

murray654

guys can someone help
my brother has a data contract with mtn with a modem
he upgraded his contract and got a dual sim for that data contract ( so he can put one sim in his ipad)
now the new sim wont work.it gets signal, but cant connect?
took it back to mtn shop.everything is activated and it shud work.they gave him a sim swop on the new sim.but still its not working?

I had the same issue. I had to go into the MTN shop with the sim in a phone, and attempted to browse the web and then show the agent behind the counter the error. Until I showed them the error message, they did nothing. After re-activating the sim on their system everything worked.

I live 180km from the MTN shop in Pietermaritzburg, so was not impressed that I had to travel there to do it.

mayurh

Expert Member
I had the same issue. I had to go into the MTN shop with the sim in a phone, and attempted to browse the web and then show the agent behind the counter the error. Until I showed them the error message, they did nothing. After re-activating the sim on their system everything worked.

I live 180km from the MTN shop in Pietermaritzburg, so was not impressed that I had to travel there to do it.

thanks i'll let my brother try that

vinodh

Expert Member
I went to the MTN shop at Southdowns today and asked them about getting a second sim linked to my first contract sim. They said they can give me one but you can't use both at the same time. I would have to switch off one phone before I could use the other. I then asked them about a data sim but they said that I could either take out a separate contract for the sim or buy a pay as you go sim.

I'm going to have to pay them another visit tomorrow and show them this thread...

FireTelkom

I went to the MTN shop at Southdowns today and asked them about getting a second sim linked to my first contract sim. They said they can give me one but you can't use both at the same time. I would have to switch off one phone before I could use the other. I then asked them about a data sim but they said that I could either take out a separate contract for the sim or buy a pay as you go sim.

I'm going to have to pay them another visit tomorrow and show them this thread...

Just show them the website. I have been using dual sims now for the last 12 years and both can on at the same time. If the two are in phones and on first the primary sim rings then the secondary and only after that divert to voice mail. I do know the number of the second sim (just sms yourself) and when you call this number the first never rings, only the secondary sim and then diverts to voicemail. Both sims share the data bundles and one account. If you activated BIS or BES, it is working on both sims and you can run two blackberries at the same time!

vinodh

Expert Member
Just show them the website. I have been using dual sims now for the last 12 years and both can on at the same time. If the two are in phones and on first the primary sim rings then the secondary and only after that divert to voice mail. I do know the number of the second sim (just sms yourself) and when you call this number the first never rings, only the secondary sim and then diverts to voicemail. Both sims share the data bundles and one account. If you activated BIS or BES, it is working on both sims and you can run two blackberries at the same time!

Thanks for the extra info. I haven't been to the MTN shop yet but at least I have bit more ammo to fight with.