• You are losing out on amazing benefits because you are not a member. Join for free. Register now.
  • Big Two-Day Giveaway - Win an Amazon Kindle, a Mystery Gadget and Branded Gear. Enter Here.
  • Test your broadband speed and win prizes worth R5,000. Enter here.

MTN Speed Test Results

Venomous

Honorary Master
Kill me please since last week, this has been the average speed, note the upload speed compared to download

View attachment 478626
Which area?

I travel around a fair area of Jo'burg and my test results look very differrent.

(currently the mybb test app runs test as we drive around. There are a few of us)

And the lowest the DL goes is when I go to a plot/small farm. And even then it remains above 5mb.

wizardofid

Expert Member
Which area?

I travel around a fair area of Jo'burg and my test results look very differrent.

(currently the mybb test app runs test as we drive around. There are a few of us)

And the lowest the DL goes is when I go to a plot/small farm. And even then it remains above 5mb.
Location points out freestate.Phoned the coverage desk this morning, apparently the site is down and we are sharing with another provider or some thing, so not sure which century this is going to be fixed, but damn.The site went down on Thursday for a few hours after which it came back online it has not been the same, normally get 20mbps down and 5mbps up :(

Tried to do a steam update this morning and it took nearly 40minutes to download 100mb :(

cavedog

Honorary Master
So Huawei been fiddling with the tower whole week and now see it's LTE-A enabled... Not bad. I guess they are the bozza network.