Music CDs not reading

ainsin

Hi guys

I have a bit of a problem with 3 music CDs in my collection. From what I can gather, they are CD-R albums (all South African indie bands). Whenever I put them in my computer to convert to mp3, either the CDs can't be ripped and I get error messages, or when I do get them to rip, they are very distorted.

The weird part of all of this, is when I put the CDs in my car's sound system, they play perfectly.

I do understand that the way the CDs are burnt is what is causing the issue, or the type of CD the band was using. Is there way I can rip these songs to mp3?

Thanks
ainsin

WAslayer

Executive Member
as a first try, i would try make an iso of the cd using imgburn.. once that is done, mount the iso in deaemon tools.. this will work the same as a conventional rom you put your cd into in your computer, but its virtual.. you can then try convert them from there..

else, if you have a cd player, you can hack something together.. attach a 3.5mm audio jack to the speakers cable from the cd player.. this makes the cd player capable of pushing the sound into an input jack on your pc.. using something like audacity or adobe auditions, you can then record the input jack, and you can then cut the songs in audacity or adobe auditions and export them to mp3..

full disclaimer, i have never tried the hack method, and i am not aware of any reasons it wont work, just dont turn the volume up high on the cd player..

Batista

Executive Member
Hi guys

I have a bit of a problem with 3 music CDs in my collection. From what I can gather, they are CD-R albums (all South African indie bands). Whenever I put them in my computer to convert to mp3, either the CDs can't be ripped and I get error messages, or when I do get them to rip, they are very distorted.

The weird part of all of this, is when I put the CDs in my car's sound system, they play perfectly.

I do understand that the way the CDs are burnt is what is causing the issue, or the type of CD the band was using. Is there way I can rip these songs to mp3?

Thanks
ainsin

How old is your pc and the cd rom drive? There might be an issue with the drive.Do other cd's play in your pc?