Mweb Capped 100GB package

DarshanN95

Hi guys if anyone can help me...

I'm currently on the Mweb 4mb uncapped and I normally get throttled from excessive usage and I'm thinking of changing to the capped version. I only use about 90GB of data per month but because of the 30 day rolling window I get throttled! Do you guys think the capped version is best? Does 100GB start every month or is there a roiling window?

Thanks

Hummercellc

Expert Member
Hi guys if anyone can help me...

I'm currently on the Mweb 4mb uncapped and I normally get throttled from excessive usage and I'm thinking of changing to the capped version. I only use about 90GB of data per month but because of the 30 day rolling window I get throttled! Do you guys think the capped version is best? Does 100GB start every month or is there a roiling window?

Thanks

Maybe look at Afrihost Capped Accounts they are cheaper.... And unshaped.... Mweb Capped Accounts are shaped

PostmanPot

Honorary Master
4Mbps Standard threshold is ±110GB.

attachment.php

MGRobinson

4Mbps Standard threshold is ±110GB.

attachment.php

+1

If you are looking at going capped, I would also suggest looking elsewhere - you will get a much better deal. Afrihost, Axxess, Web Africa and VOX are all worth a look at. Get a free capped test account at the first three to see what you think.

Prices:

Afrihost: 100GB = R199 / 150GB = R299 / 200GB = R399 (Reason I mention 200GB is Afrihost is running double data promo until 30 Sep which will be reviewed then, so you may end up paying that, but who knows - also it's nice to know you have extra data to use in case you need it, sometimes it's better to pay for a little extra to give you peace of mind. In actual fact they would run at a loss if all their capped subscribers had to use up all their capped data each month.)
Axxess: 100 GB = R189 / 150 GB = R289 / 200GB = R379 (Also double data promo, but until further notice)
MWEB: 100GB + 100GB = R449
Web Africa: 120GB + 120 GB = R399
VOX: 100GB = R328 / 150 GB = R485 (Big benefit here is data does not expire at the end of the month but rolls over for the duration of your account + the quality of data is about the best around from reports on the forums.)