Mweb Premium 1mb to??

p1kk3wyn

Hi guys

Was hoping to get some advice or opinions.

I currently have a 1mb Premium Uncapped account at mweb for R339 including line rental.

I do about 110gig a month and have been throttled as of last month. Now I dont usually go over 100gig but I wanted to upgrade anyway. My budget is R500pm max

I use the line mainly after hours and weekends as I work at the office from 8am till 5pm full time.
Mainly do some gaming and newshost downloads that amount to less than 100gig a month.
I just want a faster line basically without getting throttled because of my current downloads.

I have looked at the 4mb mweb for R449pm all inclusive (NOT the Premium as that is R769!) or Axxess R499 all inclusive, i.e including line rental. Not sure if the non-Premium will be fine or not?

Thoughts?

Segg

Expert Member
Mweb will just throttle the life out of your line, change ISP's. Axxess isn't much better tbh, they don't throttle but their speeds aren't nearly as great, I use an Afrihost Home Uncapped account for R550 p/m including rental, very very happy! They don't throttle and give you full speed for everything unless their network is under heavy loads

McGuywer

Executive Member
Have you considered moving your line to Afrihost and getting the Incredible Connection R99 2Mbps special (if it is still available)?

Segg

Expert Member
Doesn't incredible connection completely block P2P, so no steam downloads?

Dubes

Expert Member
These were all up to date a few weeks back when I did the same exercise so take a peek: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1re41hY7BJENtbsKXM9AavgaytYFGlIxpZfCMcB8jb1Y/edit?usp=sharing

MWEB 2mbps Premium uncapped will give you a soft cap of 200GB per month at R509. The only difference with the standard and premium that I am aware of is the larger caps.

There was mention elsewhere of MWEB reviewing the soft caps and increasing them. I will look for that (EDIT: here)

Be careful of all this talk of other ISPs being "far better". Read up on here and see how some of them shape instead of throttling and how others are just plain awful at all times in certain regions while they "upgrade their capacity".

Last edited:

Chevron

Serial breaker of phones
Hi guys

Was hoping to get some advice or opinions.

I currently have a 1mb Premium Uncapped account at mweb for R339 including line rental.

I do about 110gig a month and have been throttled as of last month. Now I dont usually go over 100gig but I wanted to upgrade anyway. My budget is R500pm max

I use the line mainly after hours and weekends as I work at the office from 8am till 5pm full time.
Mainly do some gaming and newshost downloads that amount to less than 100gig a month.
I just want a faster line basically without getting throttled because of my current downloads.

I have looked at the 4mb mweb for R449pm all inclusive (NOT the Premium as that is R769!) or Axxess R499 all inclusive, i.e including line rental. Not sure if the non-Premium will be fine or not?

Thoughts?

Why not just upgrade to 2Meg premium? Throttle there is only 200gigs.

poorestguy

These were all up to date a few weeks back when I did the same exercise so take a peek: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1re41hY7BJENtbsKXM9AavgaytYFGlIxpZfCMcB8jb1Y/edit?usp=sharing

MWEB 2mbps Premium uncapped will give you a soft cap of 200GB per month at R509. The only difference with the standard and premium that I am aware of is the larger caps.

There was mention elsewhere of MWEB reviewing the soft caps and increasing them. I will look for that (EDIT: here)

Be careful of all this talk of other ISPs being "far better". Read up on here and see how some of them shape instead of throttling and how others are just plain awful at all times in certain regions while they "upgrade their capacity".

thanks for this info! your work is quite valuable for people looking to move lines, you need better marketing :D

p1kk3wyn

Thanks so much! Will have a look at these tonight!