MWEB Uncapped ADSL - Official Q & A

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mine was slow like that earlier just after I signed in with my router. Was like that for about 30 minutes and then it suddenly took off.
 
It has been slow since the 1st of April, I have been on Openweb since I started using Adsl and we just requested that they move us to their uncapped package as of the 1st of April. I have a 384 line.
 
It's not that they billed you double - they billed you for your first and last months. We're assuming that you will therefore be charged that amount on the 1st of May and then not be charged for your last month if/when you cancel. Dunno what happens if you never cancel :D

This is what my My Account says:

01/04/10 MWEB Uncapped 4096-Includes LR 01/04/10 31/05/10 R 1577.19 R 220.81 R 1798.00 R 1838.00

The dates in bold are the FROM and TO dates.
 
Odd im not being billed ahead of time

They said they bill 1 month ahead at the first billing. Of course I've been with MWEB since NetActive days so I don't know why they applied that to me too, but who knows.

It's not a bad account at all, I've done 30.16 GB since April 01, 2010.
 
I am getting download speeds of 0.16 for local and 0.15 for international on speedtest.net. Shocking!!!
 
They said they bill 1 month ahead at the first billing. Of course I've been with MWEB since NetActive days so I don't know why they applied that to me too, but who knows.

It's not a bad account at all, I've done 30.16 GB since April 01, 2010.

ahh mind you that makes sense my first bill was 808, in March-> april

I've done 45gigs since the 1st
 
ahh mind you that makes sense my first bill was 808, in March-> april

I've done 45gigs since the 1st

lol i've done 10 GB in the 8 hours of having this account :D
It's flying!! and speed tests are good!
Must just check out the gaming side still though...

One Question though.. Mweb asked for a certified copy of ID before they could activate the account, but my account was already activated b4 i sent it!! (which i did)
What's the reason for the act requiring all service provides to have certified copies of ID's?
 
Last edited:
It has been slow since the 1st of April, I have been on Openweb since I started using Adsl and we just requested that they move us to their uncapped package as of the 1st of April. I have a 384 line.

It appears you have the Openweb Internet Solution based uncapped instead of the Mweb one. As you need to specifically request OW to sign you up with the Mweb offer and sign a 12 months contract.
 
this uncapped thing is starting to SUC! i think ISPs have realised that selling uncapped is not actually going to work for two reasons

1. Their networks cannot handle it(Subscribers, traffic type)
2. Telscum network cannot handle it and not made for it.

Even though SeaComm has gone live, Telscum still controls the network on land.

ISPs are saying "sure...you have an uncapped account, we not limiting the amount of data you download" .....what they ARE NOT saying is ..."listen buddy, we do however limit the speed you connect at, We say you have UNCAPPED, ALL YOU CAN EAT...but, you need to make place for the other patrons who need to get some. So if you dont want to leave, we aint gonna force ya, we just gonna give you less at time, until you leave out of your own. We not breaching contract, you still get ALL YOU CAN EAT ....BUT...we decide how quickly you get it...!!!"

BUNCH A LIARS! they found a loophole and using it!
 
@Mweb:

I purchased Mweb's 4096 Uncapped Data-Only Account on the 1st of April. I have just checked my Account Balance on the Mweb site. My question to you is, why am I being billed R1078.00 for my account? Surely it should only be R539.
Hi necr0mancer,

The bill will be for April in arrears and May in advance, due at the end of April. If you are on debit order the R1078 should only go through on 30 April.

Hope it makes sense.

MWB.
 
International Interruption Incidents

Hi All,

Seems like component swapouts performed yesterday have not eliminated the temporary international access interruptions on Seacom, we are pressing them hard for a resolution.

MWB.
 
Hi All,

Seems like component swapouts performed yesterday have not eliminated the temporary international access interruptions on Seacom, we are pressing them hard for a resolution.

MWB.

Hi MWEB, if I may ask something? I am going to be choosing an uncapped ISP soon. With everyone on here discussing the vast quantities they are downloading, how long will it be before MWeb starts imposing some sort of throttling/fair use policy/call it what you will? The terms and conditions do allow for it.

I am not keen to sign up and then they start restricting things.

Thanks
 
What's the reason for the act requiring all service provides to have certified copies of ID's?
Hi nakedpeanut,

Unfortunately its the law (RICA). As from October we will not be able to activate service until we've recieved the documention.

MWB.
 
Hi MWEB, if I may ask something? I am going to be choosing an uncapped ISP soon. With everyone on here discussing the vast quantities they are downloading, how long will it be before MWeb starts imposing some sort of throttling/fair use policy/call it what you will? The terms and conditions do allow for it.

I am not keen to sign up and then they start restricting things.

Thanks

Dubious question! You are trying to "fish" for ammunition on your other posts in the other threads. Not? Read this thread and you will find ALL the answers already given.
 
@MWEB

This billing this was not explained like this to me? Should billing not be done in arrears? I mean we not not buying / prepaid, so it should be a flat fee billed in arrears at the end of the month then?
 
@ Penguin ...go catch a fish or something....

I already caught one :p

BTW all Isp's charge in advance AFAIK. That means you pay before you use the data before the service is activated just like with prepaid but with prepaid it only means you do not need an account!
 
@MWEB
...this certified ID thing....I've activated without sending a copy of ID and/or the registration form that was emailed to me. Service has been up and running since you guys introduced it...kinda contradictory aint it? Also, how are you going to know if a copy of an ID being FAXED to you is certified? It could be two pieces of paper put together, copied and then faxed? One more thing, your current T&C on your current ADSL contract, is still based on the old (capped) service, surely MOST, if not ALL, of these items are now N/A? are you not opening yourselves up to legal battles?

Are you really an MWEB representative and is MWEB aware and endorsing the fact that you are on an OPEN forum answering FAQs on their behalf? I used to work for them and I can tell you, this will not go down well or are you the CEO's kid?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X