MWEB Uncapped ADSL - Official Q & A

Status
Not open for further replies.
Coming from Axxess Express + myself, I can vouch that my new Mweb connection is miles ahead of the competition at this point in time . . . . much better !

Cheers

+1 - At the risk of jinxing all MWEB users, I'm pretty chuffed with my experience so far!
 
International Access Update

Hi All,

We've been informed the faulty power component causing the temporary dipout on Seacom over the last two evenings has been replaced in Mumbai. We hope this will put an end to these incidents.

MWB.
 
512kbs account and going fullspeed. Throttling during the work day is inconvenient but not a dealbreaker. Happy customer... now to upgrade to unshaped or not.....hmmm
 
International is crawling on my Mweb uncapped account (I'm in Centurion), anyone else experiencing this at the moment? I tested a few torrents over the last few days as well. They were flying on Thursday but slowed to a crawl from yesterday morning onwards. Not a big deal though, didn't get the account for P2P but http and streaming is now pretty mush unusable as well.
 
International is crawling on my Mweb uncapped account (I'm in Centurion), anyone else experiencing this at the moment? I tested a few torrents over the last few days as well. They were flying on Thursday but slowed to a crawl from yesterday morning onwards. Not a big deal though, didn't get the account for P2P but http and streaming is now pretty mush unusable as well.
Running fine here
 
International is crawling on my Mweb uncapped account (I'm in Centurion), anyone else experiencing this at the moment? I tested a few torrents over the last few days as well. They were flying on Thursday but slowed to a crawl from yesterday morning onwards. Not a big deal though, didn't get the account for P2P but http and streaming is now pretty mush unusable as well.

Mine has been running full speed the whole day - I'm in Pretoria

Full speed for HTTP and P2P
 
Hi All,

We've been informed the faulty power component causing the temporary dipout on Seacom over the last two evenings has been replaced in Mumbai. We hope this will put an end to these incidents.

MWB.

Well TATA did it. Let's hope they get their act together from now on.
 
Strange, might be an exchange problem. I'll have to test on my Afrihost account as well.

I've been testing on my Afrihost account and I'm experiencing the same degradation of speed I am on my MWeb account. I assume this is an exchange problem as other ADSL users are not reporting the same thing. I guess I phone Telkom about this? Anyone have any advice on this?
 
I've been testing on my Afrihost account and I'm experiencing the same degradation of speed I am on my MWeb account. I assume this is an exchange problem as other ADSL users are not reporting the same thing. I guess I phone Telkom about this? Anyone have any advice on this?

You could be experiencing packetloss on your exchange, look at what your US/DS margins are and see if they are sporadic, if they jump around alot you have an issue on your line to the exchange some where(best guess), alternatively you can try get hold of a friends normal capped account and see if you get the same degraded service. But i would imagine there's something wrong with your router, line, computer which ever one.
 
You could be experiencing packetloss on your exchange, look at what your US/DS margins are and see if they are sporadic, if they jump around alot you have an issue on your line to the exchange some where(best guess), alternatively you can try get hold of a friends normal capped account and see if you get the same degraded service. But i would imagine there's something wrong with your router, line, computer which ever one.

I did check on a capped account - problem persists!
 
MWEB: Speedtest--need some explanation of this finding

Line: 384K through Telkom
ISP: MWEB Uncapped data only

Line speeds:

Local:



International:



As you see the New York speedtest is faster albeit with longer pings. why is local so slow?
Any explanation?
 


International:



As you see the New York speedtest is faster albeit with longer pings. why is local so slow?
Any explanation?

The differences between 0.3 and 0.4Mbyte/sec may just be random differences, or busy load on the local server. That's one reason why Speedtest isn't a definitive guide.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X