MWEB Uncapped ADSL - Official Q & A

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they are still routing all traffic back onto Seacom and Seacom have got to get back up to scratch. Not as simple as flicking a switch, everything needs to be put back into place. It was a public holiday today so no work today. Should be a lot better next week.

Or tomorrow maybe? perhaps?
 
No this garbage only started since this Uncapped stuff was launched. Never had a problem before.

indeed it did and that's when mweb had to VERY quickly amend their T&C to let users know about it....isn't is amazing how its amended because the current one doesn't work and/or suit them and us, the paying customer, just have either accept it or go somewhere else..... WOW
 
I think they are still routing all traffic back onto Seacom and Seacom have got to get back up to scratch. Not as simple as flicking a switch, everything needs to be put back into place. It was a public holiday today so no work today. Should be a lot better next week.

Public Holiday or not....the Internet never stops!!! The dudes HAVE TO work 24x7x365 as CRITICAL services depend on their connections.... SEACOM GET YOUR A$$ OUT THERE AND THE FREAKIN INTERNET FIXED!!!

in Seacom defense though, like it was said, there are loads of routes that need to propogated into different upstreams and clouds again but it should not take that long...

Good luck Seacom
 
No this garbage only started since this Uncapped stuff was launched. Never had a problem before.

My speeds on MWEB 4Mbit and iBurst (my last month is May) are perfect. iBurst is offering uncapped access for 8hrs per day btw and there are no issues with either network - iBurst uses MTN Business and SAT3 while MWEB uses mostly SEACOM. Both are great.
 
They definately do throttle. It's Satuday eveing 6:40 and I cant get more than 20kbs on a 384 line...

We know they shape, but they have previously stated that they don't throttle. Although I suspect you are using "throttle" in this context to mean "the effect of shaping".
 
Last edited:
yeah, RS shaping is slightly overboard... its a weekend, and the pipes shouldnt be all that busy... getting max 100KB/s off RS.com :( this is not fun...
 
Why the hell do they shape capped users? This is BS.

:wtf:

You're obviously paying for and using a shaped account....THATS WHY!

There are unshaped accounts for this very reason....

Maybe if you start doing some research and stop posting silly comments which prove you have no idea what you're talking about, you wont have anything more to complain about...
 
:wtf:

You're obviously paying for and using a shaped account....THATS WHY!

There are unshaped accounts for this very reason....

Maybe if you start doing some research and stop posting silly comments which prove you have no idea what you're talking about, you wont have anything more to complain about...

+1
 
All cybersmart accounts are UNSHAPED! You do your research.

EDIT: Here, proof http://faq.cybersmart.co.za/index.php?action=artikel&cat=2&id=36&artlang=en now get OWNED.

So why are you complaining about a CyberSmart Capped account in an MWeb Uncapped thread?

Why the hell do they shape capped users? This is BS.

You were complaining about shaping of capped accounts and now you are saying accounts are unshaped? I have no idea what you're on about and I don't care anyway.
 
Last edited:
So why are you complaining about a CyberSmart Capped account in an MWeb Uncapped thread?



You were complaining about shaping of capped accounts and now you are saying accounts are unshaped? I have no idea what you're on about and I don't care anyway.

Yeah LOL you confused me as well =P
 
I think there may be a mix up between shaping and throttling maybe??? OR it could be that the sites you are accessing/DL from are on the "otherside" of the affected cable?
There are so many factors for varying download speeds!
 
I think there may be a mix up between shaping and throttling maybe??? OR it could be that the sites you are accessing/DL from are on the "otherside" of the affected cable?
There are so many factors for varying download speeds!

There is too much latency. Apparently Cybersmart do not have sufficient bandwith.
 
So why are you complaining about a CyberSmart Capped account in an MWeb Uncapped thread?



You were complaining about shaping of capped accounts and now you are saying accounts are unshaped? I have no idea what you're on about and I don't care anyway.
Wolfy, I don't know whether you mean to, but you're coming across as very aggro towards anyone crticising MWEB. I don't know what your motive is, but please let people have a differing opinion. That's what this forum is for, not to fight like a fanboi.
 
There is too much latency. Apparently Cybersmart do not have sufficient bandwith.

The MWEB rep won't be able to help you much, here, unfortunately. MWEB has no control over Cybersmart - you would do better to post in one of the Cybersmart threads for this.
 
The MWEB rep won't be able to help you much, here, unfortunately. MWEB has no control over Cybersmart - you would do better to post in one of the Cybersmart threads for this.

Thanks man, I did not want to make more threads though. I am a very well-mannered blogger =P
 
Wolfy, I don't know whether you mean to, but you're coming across as very aggro towards anyone crticising MWEB. I don't know what your motive is, but please let people have a differing opinion. That's what this forum is for, not to fight like a fanboi.

He's entitled to disagree about a persons opinion too, thats called free speech.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X