MWEB Uncapped Subscribers Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

hambone

Expert Member
So, in the interest of keeping things a little sane around here; how about a thread on what peoples experiences have been so far with the Uncapped Service - I'm particularly interested in the CONNECT PACKAGE, but BUSINESS users are welcome too?

NB: THIS THREAD IS NOT MONITORED BY THE M-WEB REP, SO DON'T EXPECT A RESPONSE FROM THEM HERE. THIS A MERELY A PLATFORM TO AIR YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH THE SERVICE TO ASSIST OTHERS IN THEIR DECISION EITHER TO SIGN UP OR COMPARE PERFORMANCE WITH OTHER USERS.

Last edited:

Mr Feesh

Expert Member
has any one who was getting 8mbps as part of the trial moved over yet??

ettienem

MWEB 4mbps Uncapped

Average http downloads = 415KB/s
Newsgroup downloads = +-95KB/s

Will check again after 19h00 and post comment

So far very impressed

hambone

Expert Member
has any one who was getting 8mbps as part of the trial moved over yet??
I think Mweb said that the speeds won't reach those capacities until its rolled out over the country. At the moment, you speed is provisioned at the speed to which you subscribe with mweb; though I stand to be corrected.

KaMoS

Expert Member
So, in the interest of keeping things a little sane around here; how about a thread on what peoples experiences have been so far with the new service?

I was very impressed with their call center, promptly answered and called me back as promised three times as the application was processed. I did give the technical support a skip though.

So far here is my speedtest.net result:

So, whilst its early days, this is looking damn brilliant! If you've signed up already, whats your speeds like, and how are you finding things generally?
Nice One. Definitely going to watch this thread.

Freaksta

Expert Member
Yes, I was one of the people with a free trial for 512k, but I have a 384k line. Intend on migrating up if the service on 384k keeps its head above water.
How did u get ur trail account so quickly?

mrudling

Well, just canceled my axxess. The guys at sales say we can download all we want. Will be interesting to see how this pans out. Even if they request you take it easy during the day, im cool with that. I hate the current rolling threshold thing, not being able to check you mail or watch youtube sucks in office hours sucks.

Jinx10

Im on a 384kbps line with telkom. I get consistent speeds of 30 - 35kbps a second with Afrihost but very unstable speeds from 2 - 20kbps with Mweb (signed up today) so seems like one is a lot better then the other. So far i say you get what you pay for and this might be too good to be true.... lets see how it goes. strange is that on speedtest I get similar results for both services. the speeds for actual downloading using flashget are very different .....

fragtion

Expert Member
I was accepted for the free trial, but haven't received my account details yet. Are these results from customers who are paying for the service? Has anyone received their free trial account details yet?

hambone

Expert Member
I was accepted for the free trial, but haven't received my account details yet. Are these results from customers who are paying for the service? Has anyone received their free trial account details yet?
Yes, I have them already. Called and asked nicely and signed up for the coming months provisionally.

Dean

Expert Member
How is Skype on this service?

Also, how have the HTTP download speeds been since the earlier report of <20kb :/ ?

Mypro-D

Expert Member
So far, im LOVING IT!!!

4mb uncapped YAY!

Wait a second... Its shaped sooo badly !!! 30kb :O

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.