MyBB guide to quitting smoking

People tend to munch at the pace they smoked. The eating doesn't take away the cravings, it only helps a little. So you have people munching away on sweets and picking up loads of weight... some even going back to smoking to drop the weight again. Once that weight has been piled on it stays...

So stick to things that won't necessarily make you pick up loads, like popcorn and chilli sticks.

good idea will try that cos yeah you tend to eat to get rid of the craving and now after supper i lis for somethign sweet and end up buying cakes and other desserts

thanks for that
 
Having a k@k day, really craving. Sucks.

Feeling the same. Have noticed that everytime I get stressed I start looking for a smoke.... Hang in there grim

Sent from my Desire HD using MyBroadband Android App
 
Feeling the same. Have noticed that everytime I get stressed I start looking for a smoke.... Hang in there grim

Sent from my Desire HD using MyBroadband Android App

Yeah, sometimes I just wanna say fk it, going to get me some smokes. :p

Thanks man!
 
Damn..everyone here is quitting and I just started smoking 2months ago :D

I have kept to a decent 'strategy' though. I don't smoke at all the whole day. A smoke is the last thing I wanna have after I wake in the morning.But once the day has settled down I usually spark
my first Cig at around 6pm. I have no cravings the whole day and don't even have lus for any.But after 6 I puff about one every hour till I go to bed.
I know it's still smoking but I'm keeping disciplined. If I start craving in the day I shall head back to this thread for all the tips.

*Off to smoke* :p
 
Feeling the same. Have noticed that everytime I get stressed I start looking for a smoke.... Hang in there grim

Sent from my Desire HD using MyBroadband Android App

Can't help but agree. I have been having a kak week and also feel like saying fsckit and just buying a packet.

The one thing that keeps me going is my neighbour. He is about 60 and used to smoke, but now walking around with an oxygen mask. I can't wait to never have a craving again.

Sent from my HTC Desire using MyBroadband Android App
 
Damn..everyone here is quitting and I just started smoking 2months ago :D

I have kept to a decent 'strategy' though. I don't smoke at all the whole day. A smoke is the last thing I wanna have after I wake in the morning.But once the day has settled down I usually spark
my first Cig at around 6pm. I have no cravings the whole day and don't even have lus for any.But after 6 I puff about one every hour till I go to bed.
I know it's still smoking but I'm keeping disciplined. If I start craving in the day I shall head back to this thread for all the tips.

*Off to smoke* :p

Quit while your ahead. No offence, but your strategy will fail and you will become addicted if you aren't already.

You can ask any smoker even those that enjoy it. They wish they never started.

Sent from my HTC Desire using MyBroadband Android App
 
Damn..everyone here is quitting and I just started smoking 2months ago :D

I have kept to a decent 'strategy' though. I don't smoke at all the whole day. A smoke is the last thing I wanna have after I wake in the morning.But once the day has settled down I usually spark
my first Cig at around 6pm. I have no cravings the whole day and don't even have lus for any.But after 6 I puff about one every hour till I go to bed.
I know it's still smoking but I'm keeping disciplined. If I start craving in the day I shall head back to this thread for all the tips.

*Off to smoke* :p

Quit while your ahead. No offence, but your strategy will fail and you will become addicted if you aren't already.

You can ask any smoker even those that enjoy it. They wish they never started.

Sent from my HTC Desire using MyBroadband Android App

yes please stop now ...who ever thinks its cool is lying to you

you dont have cravings and thats good ...starting in school when it was cool and then the excitement of hiding and smoking and being under age and smoking was the big mistake

when you msoke for couple of years its harder ....and its like a disease that dont want to let go ...cos a cigarette nevers gives you the same satisafaction everytime its more of a habit ...
 
Damn..everyone here is quitting and I just started smoking 2months ago :D

I have kept to a decent 'strategy' though. I don't smoke at all the whole day. A smoke is the last thing I wanna have after I wake in the morning.But once the day has settled down I usually spark
my first Cig at around 6pm. I have no cravings the whole day and don't even have lus for any.But after 6 I puff about one every hour till I go to bed.
I know it's still smoking but I'm keeping disciplined. If I start craving in the day I shall head back to this thread for all the tips.

*Off to smoke* :p

Jislike I'm surprised you are not addicted already.
 
i started smoking that way too, was first just weekends, then was evenings then before you know it, it is the first thing you do in the morning and last thing you do at night, quit while your ahead ;)
 
Damn..everyone here is quitting and I just started smoking 2months ago :D

I have kept to a decent 'strategy' though. I don't smoke at all the whole day. A smoke is the last thing I wanna have after I wake in the morning.But once the day has settled down I usually spark
my first Cig at around 6pm. I have no cravings the whole day and don't even have lus for any.But after 6 I puff about one every hour till I go to bed.
I know it's still smoking but I'm keeping disciplined. If I start craving in the day I shall head back to this thread for all the tips.

*Off to smoke* :p

Do yourself the biggest favor in life and quit NOW! while you still can easily.

Don't underestimate the power of nicotine. I have seen many social smokers who think they are not addicted try to quit and it's hard!

Don't fool yourself. Once you are hooked you are screwed!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Do yourself the biggest favor in life and quit NOW! while you still can easily.

Don't underestimate the power of nicotine. I have seen many social smokers who think they are not addicted try to quit and it's hard!

Don't fool yourself. Once you are hooked you are screwed!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's weird...as much as I agree with all of the above comments,I will quit if I must!
I don't even need a smoke right now to be honest. I just get a small lus for them in the evening after hours.
Let me tell you..in 2008 I started smoking weed every single night. I became addicted to the high . Not crazy addicted but I just loved getting high.
This year March I ran out of bankies and just kinda stopped. Oh hell yes I would get blazed again if I had the chance but just haven't. The way people seem to crave them in this thread is kind of scary. I don't get cravings like people describe. I don't get edgy or 'need' that cigarette.It's something I do because I enjoy it..not cause I must for because of the niccotine.
I have been smoking Hubbly since 2006 a few times a week so I guess I am more addicted to the awesomeness of smoke than the actual nicotine :x
I realise it is the most dangerously addictive product that is easy to obtain but I have control.
but If I lose control and start becoming a full on smoker I will certainly come back to this thread and quote myself on what a Knob I am. For now though I enjoy the night smoke.
 
Why do so many people advise to "never begin smoking"? It's a very nice actvity. Reminds me of a guest on QI hosted by Stephen Fry who said: 'Smokings nice, and someday it might give you cancer'.
 
Why do so many people advise to "never begin smoking"? It's a very nice actvity. Reminds me of a guest on QI hosted by Stephen Fry who said: 'Smokings nice, and someday it might give you cancer'.
Because once you start, its hard to quite, and if you do quit, so easy to start again.
 
Why do so many people advise to "never begin smoking"? It's a very nice actvity. Reminds me of a guest on QI hosted by Stephen Fry who said: 'Smokings nice, and someday it might give you cancer'.

Its all fun and games until one day you can't go from your couch to the crapper without your oxygen bottle.

Or when one day, like my dad, you all of a sudden have a stroke.
 
Why do so many people advise to "never begin smoking"? It's a very nice actvity. Reminds me of a guest on QI hosted by Stephen Fry who said: 'Smokings nice, and someday it might give you cancer'.

have you seen that episode on oprah where they had a regular persons lung and a smokers one ...well the difference is compared to a piece of raw steak (pink) and burnt out steak (black)
 
The biggest issue is that its takes years for smoking to do long term damage, but by the time you wake up and realise that it is actually seriously effecting your health, its often to late.

My dad was one of the lucky ones, but thousands of people either drop dead from stroke or are seriously damaged for life.

A family member of ours has emphysema, she had no choice but to quit. Even 5 years on she wheezes like a bulldog and coughs up a lung every 10 minutes. Its scary!!
 
Has anyone dreamt that they were smoking? I quit about 4months ago, been having these really vivid dreams and I'm smoking in them...wake up upset cos I started smoking again.
 
Has anyone dreamt that they were smoking? I quit about 4months ago, been having these really vivid dreams and I'm smoking in them...wake up upset cos I started smoking again.

YES!!! all the time lol. Use to have those a lot.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X