MyBB Motorcycle Owners Thread

Archer

Honorary Master
A place for all of you mybb'ers on two wheels. Whether it's to commute, lazy Sunday rides or off into the bush, riding tips, training, the right gear to wear, anything at all regarding our two wheel machines :D

And for those of you in the Cape Town area, lets organise a ride somewhere in the coming weeks, just show your interest below or via PM. I'm out on the bike almost every weekend but it's always so much better with good company :) There are 3 nice (all tar) breakfast runs I know of, one along the south coast stopping around Kleinmond, the other over Sir Lowry's and onto Franshoek pass or Bainskloof with a stop just outside Rawsonville.

CT Brekkie run - 29 Nov or 6/7 Dec due to Toy Run on the 30th Nov. Route will be all tar so that everyone can join :) Please indicate which date you are most comfortable with and we'll see which group has more interest
Attending:
Archer + pillion (any date :D)
Penquin + pillion (7 Dec)
acidman1 (maybe)

I'll message everyone on the list two weeks prior to the run

Last edited:

Pitbull

Verboten
A place for all of you mybb'ers on two wheels. Whether it's to commute, lazy Sunday rides or off into the bush, riding tips, training, the right gear to wear, anything at all regarding our two wheel machines :D

And for those of you in the Cape Town area, lets organise a ride somewhere in the coming weeks (I'm thinking 30 Nov). I'm out on the bike almost every weekend but it's always so much better with good company :) There are 3 nice (all tar) breakfast runs I know of, one along the south coast stopping around Kleinmond, the other over Sir Lowry's and onto Franshoek pass or Bainskloof with a stop just outside Rawsonville.
You guys have it good. All Breakfast run we have in Gauteng is the Harties trip. And then the road is packed with Bikes from 6am till around 4pm... Would love a ride down the coast on a Sunday. Thinking of taking my Bike on the trailer down to the Toti December :p

Archer

Honorary Master
You guys have it good. All Breakfast run we have in Gauteng is the Harties trip. And then the road is packed with Bikes from 6am till around 4pm... Would love a ride down the coast on a Sunday. Thinking of taking my Bike on the trailer down to the Toti December :p
No... surely there has to be another route you can take? That would get rather tedious :/ I guess I won't say anything about the other route down to cape point, or up towards Tulbach, or several gravel routes :whistling:

Penquin

Expert Member
I'm in for a breakfast run. Had a lovely brunch at Houtbaai harbour this past Sunday and a ride around Chappies. All tar please. Also, I think your suggested date might clash with the toy run.

Archer

Honorary Master
Ah, thanks Penquin. I've added some alternative dates to work around the Toy Run :) What will you be joining us on?

RandomGRK

Expert Member
I'm very jealous of those staying by the coast. I've pretty much stopped doing breakfast runs in Gauteng because they're all so incredibly boring. Basically a straight road.

A few weeks ago we went with a bunch of other Triumphs up into the mountains by Sabi. Now that was huge fun.

Any Jhb motorcyclist MyBB peeps want to organise a meet and greet? Looking for a new gang to f*@k ***** up with :D

Last edited:

SirFooK'nG

Executive Member
I took my bikes up to Sabi / Graskop / Hazyview beginning of Oct. Was lovely. Did about 340km on my XT. Next big one I'll do will be Sani Pass. But for local fun I do the Comrades route from Hillcrest to High Stakes just to stretch the legs a bit.

Saw some stunning pics and a writeup on two guys who did a 3 day jaunt from Cape Town into the Karoo and back. That is an awesome bucket list ride!.

Last edited:

RandomGRK

Expert Member
I took my bikes up to Sabi / Graskop / Hazyview beginning of Oct. Was lovely. Did about 340km on my XT. Next big one I'll do will be Sani Pass. But for local fun I do the Comrades route from Hillcrest to High Stakes just to stretch the legs a bit.
For me to do that, I had to do over 1200kms in two days.

Penquin

Expert Member
Ah, thanks Penquin. I've added some alternative dates to work around the Toy Run :) What will you be joining us on?
2012 CBR600F and my wife would mostly likely be riding pillion as well. 7 Dec sounds good. I sometimes have to work on Saturdays.
I'm very jealous of those staying by the coast. I've pretty much stopped doing breakfast runs in Gauteng because they're all so incredibly boring. Basically a straight road.

A few weeks ago we went with a bunch of other Triumphs up into the mountains by Sabi. Now that was huge fun.

Any Jhb motorcyclist MyBB peeps want to organise a meet and greet? Looking for a new gang to f*@k ***** up with :D
Jip, Cape Town is pretty much biker heaven. There's a coastal road or mountain pass within 100km in any direction when I leave my drive way.

Pitbull

Verboten

Saw some stunning pics and a writeup on two guys who did a 3 day jaunt from Cape Town into the Karoo and back. That is an awesome bucket list ride!.
So sad they moved the Graskop rally. Was by far the highlight of my year every year. Great road!

Last edited:

acidman1

Everyday commuter on my NC700x. CT does have some of the best rides on offer. Ye I can join for a run or two. A little early to commit to a specific date so put me down as a maybe.

SirFooK'nG

Executive Member
This past Sat. Did a trip down to the Bluff in Durbs, Annual Shark Angels Charity event...

This was just outside of Graskop, Theres a swing you can do across the ravine behind me... not my thing :D

Arthur

Honorary Master
I've been a (legal) biker since 16 when I bought a Yammie FS1 nifty-fifty. Currently I'm back with Yamaha, puttering about on a silver V-Max, enjoying the gut-flattening torque. My first Buff was in 1973, in Aliwal North, on a Honda SL350. Mates on Nortons and Bonnies dubbed it the Splondamatic Pontiac (the way it bounced and weaved through corners), but it was all I could afford. Always a biker.

Pitbull

Verboten
I've been a (legal) biker since 16 when I bought a Yammie FS1 nifty-fifty. Currently I'm back with Yamaha, puttering about on a silver V-Max, enjoying the gut-flattening torque. My first Buff was in 1973, in Aliwal North, on a Honda SL350. Mates on Nortons and Bonnies dubbed it the Splondamatic Pontiac (the way it bounced and weaved through corners), but it was all I could afford. Always a biker.
Mate of mine came of a V-Max one day and I helped right the bike to put in on the stand. Those things are HEAVY!!!

RandomGRK

Expert Member
Are there not more of us? How come there have been so few posts?

I'm stressing gents. I might be moving to the US of A soon and lane splitting is illegal :( I'll definitely get a bike but it will have to be relegated to a weekend toy. No point in commuting on a bike if you can't split...and it's my favourite thing. I love going to work because I get to ride.

XennoX

Expert Member
In the US, some states where it is illegal to split have dedicated bike lanes in the cities - so it's not all doom and gloom.