MyBroadband Mobile

vodacom3g

Vodacom Representative
What does it look like after Vodacom fracks it up? Screenshots plz.
We won't re-render the content but I'm sure you'll appreciate we'll remove anything not pro-Vodacom :)

This is purely to help Skeptik. ;)

Last edited:

bwana

B MyBroadband
Super Moderator

rpm

Admin
Staff member
How about a mobile friendly version of the forum next? :)
We tried it previously but we had to endure severe criticism from some members. Since then we steered clear of touching the forum, but if you guys give the go-ahead we will certainly try again :)

mercurial

MyBB Legend
We tried it previously but we had to endure severe criticism from some members. Since then we steered clear of touching the forum, but if you guys give the go-ahead we will certainly try again :)
Please do try again :) I would love to have it available on my phone.

bwana

B MyBroadband
Super Moderator
I know some of that criticism may have come from my direction but in retrospect it was better having it than not.

My main problem before was we weren't able to choose if we wanted it or not. As long as we can view either version then I'm all for it. :)

|tera|

Master of Messengers
I know some of that criticism may have come from my direction but in retrospect it was better having it than not.

My main problem before was we weren't able to choose if we wanted it or not. As long as we can view either version then I'm all for it. :)
Same here and the main criticism as I understood back then was that it was a major eyesore. Having it on a subdomain such as m.myadsl/forum isn't such a bad idea either, that way we can choose to use it or not ;)

Deenem

Expert Member
We have had many requests for a news section suitable for mobile devices. We designed a very basic system which will provide all the information – hence articles - without any graphics or other unnecessary stuff.

You can access it by using either of the following URLs:

http://m.mybroadband.co.za
http://mybroadband.co.za/news/mobile/
How about http://m.myadsl.co.za , it will make it quicker to type on a phone?

Is is only old-timers like me who rememeber that this site used to be called myadsl? ;-)

feo

Honorary Master
If the physical appearance of the forum is undergoing change, now is as good a time as any to add a DARK skin for night dwellers.

PLEASE rpm, I've been nagging for ages! :D

mercurial

MyBB Legend
If the physical appearance of the forum is undergoing change, now is as good a time as any to add a DARK skin for night dwellers.

PLEASE rpm, I've been nagging for ages! :D
I'd have to agree. I sometimes come across other vBulletin forums and they have lovely skins/themes. It would be cool if every month we could have an alternate theme. I'm kinda tired of this light blue stuff :p

rpm

Admin
Staff member
I installed a mobile theme with automatic device detection (better that way for now I think). Can you please check if it is working and give feedback?

BTW: Working on Blackberry detection...

bwana

B MyBroadband
Super Moderator
I installed a mobile theme with automatic device detection (better that way for now I think). Can you please check if it is working and give feedback?

Working - much snappier too.

Please direct us to those "some members", and we will ensure those "some members" are and rightfully kicked in the tonkers :D

newb5000

Working very well here using PocketIE on my TyTN II. Layout is much better than the non-mobile version and it is indeed snappier.

Thank RPM, this was a most welcome addition!

P.S. I wonder how the mobile version looks when using Vodacom :eek: Thank goodness I'm using MTN...

Edit: I just wanted to add that I think the automatic device detection is really slick. I tried in Opera as well - browsed to http://mybroadband.co.za/vb and got the mobile version. Then, changed Opera to identify itself as a Desktop Browser, refreshed the page, and got the full version. Really cool.

Last edited: